[Chapter Two]

Today is the day.

I sat in my chair while Rose put my hair into a sea of caramel swirls. She pinned them lightly with her gentle fingers. Her flawless grey hair shone in the mirror. I fiddled with my nails. After putting my tiara on, Rose sighed dreamily. "Princess, you look stunning."

"Thank you." I paused. Turning to her I continued, "Rose, should I be nervous? I mean, I just don't know how to...do this. How can I make them see me, not the crown?"

Her eyes filled with sympathy and kindness. "If they don't like you, then I'll file an appointment with the royal eye doctor," she snapped. Then her face softened. "Princess, don't be afraid. If you want them to love you for you, then be who you are." She squeezed my shoulder. I smiled great-fully and nodded.

I stood and gazed at myself in the mirror. My soft blue dress puffed out from my waist. White lace covered the bottom of the dress and tirelessly reached to my chest. My bright colored hair swarmed my upper body. The cheeks on my face were only touched with a natural pink that matched my lips.

"Oh Rose. You did such a beautiful job. Thank you so much." I said with awe.

"Yes I did. Now you better show those men what you got." She encouraged. I couldn't help but laugh. I walked towards my door, only to glance back.

"Thank you," I said again. I glanced at her face. Wrinkles in all the right places, eyes soft but stern. She smiled lovingly. As if in a daze, she snapped to attention and shooed me away with her hands. I smiled, walked out, and closed my doors.

"Princess," Ian bowed. He guided me through the hallways that led to the ballroom. When he stopped in front of an enormous pair of doors. Two guards stood straighter in my presence. I took deep breaths.

...then be who your are.

Rose's voice echoed through my brain. Through the doors, I could hear people chatting and music playing in the background. I closed my eyes. When I opened them again, the doors were open, revealing a huge crowd. It grew quiet and all eyes were on me. I could see my Mother and Father standing near the entrance. They smiled reassuringly. I swallowed and continued to keep myself composed.

"Princess Nayla Citaly Wenshall, heir to the New United States throne." The announcer's voice bellowed through the ballroom. After I smiled to the crowd, I made my way down the stairs. The chatters started to start up again, and so did the music. I walked towards my parents, but they reached me first.

"Sweet heart, you look beautiful," My father said said, pulling me into a tight embrace.

"Stop it John. You'll ruin her hair," My mom snapped, "Come here honey." I chuckled. She looked at my hair and put it in place. "Now, go look pretty." She smiled at me before she was swept away in the crowd with my father.

I looked around and saw a familiar pair of blue eyes. When he caught my eyes, he quickly looked away. His ears revealing a tint of pink. I walked to him.

"Hello again," I greeted. He looked up at me slowly.

"P-princess, allow me to introduce myself formally." He said quickly. "Prince Aalaahdith of India, but I'm also referred to as Aala." He bowed.

"Hello Aala. It's good to see you again," I said happily. He gives me an awkward yet genuine smile.

"Good to see you too-"

"Oh Aalaahdith, come here," a man calls to him. He gives me an apologetic look. I wave him off and walk to look through the ever so polished windows.

By the windows, three boys talk together. One man clasps another on the shoulder. When they see me approaching, they smile. One man in a dark navy suit steps forward. His dark hair spills just above his brow. "Prince In-Su of East Korea. My brother rules the West." He says with a bow.

When North Korea and South Korea made an alliance, they became one. The king decided to split the whole country in half for both his sons. But for now, the king rules both sides until his sons are old enough to rule.

Another In-Su falls in step with In-Su. He wears a brighter shade of blue, with a white tie. His hair is slightly longer and covers his brow. Although everything else is exactly the same between them. "Now brother, I can speak for myself." He turns his attention back to me. "Prince Jae-Hwa, prince of West Korea. Nice to finally see you," he greets.

The smile on my face meets my eyes. "Nice to meet you too." I turn to another man standing at In-Su's side. He meets my eyes and nods.

"Prince Hoshang, of Persia," he says simply. I nod in return.

"How are you boys?" I ask.

"Splendid. The city is beautiful," In-Su says.

"Yes, it's honestly beautiful," Jae-Hwa agrees. I smile appreciably.

"Thank you. Although you should look through the grass in the country. It's utterly magnificent," I say eagerly.

They nod. "Absolutely!" I hear the orchestra start a dance song.

"Princess, care to dance?" Hoshang asks, extending his hand. I take it.

"My pleasure." I didn't think Hoshang was the one to dance, but here we go.