Chapter 1

"Abby! It's time for your appointment!" Miss Parker said knocking on the door. I rolled out of bed and saw my roommates had already left. I lived in an orphanage for 11 months now. It was an all girls home and I shared room with 3 other girls like everyone else. I'm 11 and 2 of the girls are 12 and the last one is 17. Oh yeah, I also have cancer. I'm told that it'll be fine and it's easily treated, but even if I do survive, I don't think I want to. This is my second time around with it and it was a miracle I survived the first time.

I get dressed in my Fall Out Boy shirt and skinny jeans with my black converse. I grab a gray beanie to cover my bald head.

Miss Parker drives me to the hospital and we do the same routine. Then my doctor, Dr. Hunter, asks what he does everyone. "Do you know how you want to use your wish Abigail?" Normally I say no and we leave, but this time I says yes. "Yes. I want to use it to meet Fall Out Boy."

Fall Out Boy was my favorite band. Even though they were on hiatus, I read somewhere that they were in the studio. Their music has helped me through all of this. They really saved me when I needed saving most.

"Great!" Dr. Hunter exclaimed. "We'll start organizing that now. You can leave. See you next week."

When we got back, I went to my room and was greeted by Asia and Clove, 2 of my roommates.

"What's up Abby? You know, it would be a miracle if you were to, oh I don't know, die tomorrow?" Clove said then her and Asia walked off, but not before flicking my beanie off.

I get in my bed and grab my old iPod to listen to music. Panic! At The Disco comes on and I hum along until Jasmine, the oldest girl I share a room with, come in. She grabs my iPod, makes fun of my music, then throws it on the ground and stomps on it. "See you later emo bitch." Then walks out the door again.

I was so pissed at her.

She knew my music was the only thing to distract me from my problems. She knew I didn't like being called emo. She knows how to get on my nerves. I get out of bed and grab the pieces of my now broken iPod.

*1 month later*

Today was the day that I was going to meet Fall Out Boy. I look at my calendar and realize what else is today. The only thing that could ruin today. The day my parents left me here.

It was 3 days after we found it I had cancer the first time. They told me that they loved me and took me out for ice cream. Then we didn't go home. They took me here, the orphanage. They dropped me off in the office and left. I never saw them again. I never heard from them again. That was exactly 1 year ago.

I start crying. Oh god don't do this now Abby. You are about to meet your idols. Don't let them ruin today! "I NEVER WANT TO SEE THEIR FACES AGAIN!" I scream and return to my sobbing. I don't even hear the door open until I hear a familiar voice say "maybe we should give her a minute?"