Chapter 13

"Abby, time to wake up." Dad said in a soft voice rubbing my arm.

I groaned and stretched but got out of bed. I did the same thing I do every morning, then went downstairs and met dad.

"Ok, where we're going is a surprise, so when we get in the car, you have to wear a blindfold, ok?"

"Ok." We got in the car and dad put a blindfold on me and we left. We drove for what seemed like an hour then dad announced we were there and took my blindfold off.

"We're going to the fair?" I asked excitedly. I had never been to a fair before, heck, I've never been on a ride before. The only moving thing I've been on is a car and bike.

"Come on!" Dad dragged me out of the car and we got tickets. "What do you wanna do first?"

"Umm I don't know, you pick."

"Ok, come on, let's go on the roller coaster!" We ran over to it and got in line. I was super nervous. Dad seemed to notice so he rubbed my arm and said "it's gonna be fun! Don't worry!"

We got on and they strapped us in. The ride started and I screamed the whole time. I think dad did too, but I don't know. After that we went over to the Ferris wheel. When we got to the top, I whispered to dad, "I love you."

"I love you too sweetheart."

We went over to the carousel and got on. We talked the whole time until it was done.

We then went over to the games and I played one then won a giant stuffed teddy bear. Dad played the same game and got a "good luck next time." We played more games and went on more rides until we got hungry.

We found a hotdog stand and I got a hotdog and he got fries. We ate our lunch then we left.

"Where are we going now?"

"You'll see!" We drove for a while and then we pulled up at another park. This time a water park!

"We're at a water park! But I don't have a swimsuit." I said sadly.

"That's why I bought you one!" He pulled a black one piece.

"Cool!" We went and to the changing rooms and changed. Dad gave me sunglasses so we could hide our faces.

"What do you want to do first?!" He asked excitedly.

"I don't know. Maybe a slide?"

"Ok come on! This one we can on together!" We got in line and then sat in the raft thingy together. The slide was really fast and then we came out the end into the pool. We went on more slides and played in the pool too. It was starting to get cold so we left and dad drove us out to what seemed like the middle of nowhere.

"What are we doing here?" I asked. 

"You'll see." Dad was being so secretive. He got something out of the back of the car and then we walked up a hill to an overlook of a lake. "We're having a picnic!"

"Really? Cool!" We put a blanket down and pulled the sandwiches out. Then dad pulled crackers and a bottle of wine. "Wine?"

"It'll be fine if you just have a sip." Dad winked and poured us each a glass.

"Hey dad?"

"Yeah?"

"I know I say it a lot, but I love you. I didn't ever have a good father, so it usually seemed like I had no one to love me. But now I have you and the guys. I can talk to you whenever I want and I can do things with you. Even before my parents started neglecting me, they never did anything fun with me. No one knows this, but I had a sister, an older one. My old parents loved her more than anything. Then right before my 7th birthday, she was diagnosed with bone cancer. She didn't survive. That's why when I was diagnosed, they dropped me off at the orphanage. I guess they couldn't bare the thought of losing another kid to cancer. But I guess that didn't stop them from dropping me off. But everything's great now! I was adopted by my favorite band. Now I live with you guys. Patrick Stump is my dad. Pete Wentz, Joe Trohman, and Andy Hurley are my band uncles. I get to hang out with Panic! At The Disco. Now I couldn't be happier. Thank you. I love you dad and the guys!" I say giving dad a hug. He was starting to tear up and hugged me back.

"Thank you Abby. I love you." We sat hugging for awhile until we parted and ate.

We ate dinner and talked and it was completely dark when we were done. We got flashlights to make our way back to the car then drove home.

"Thanks for a great day dad!"

"No problem Abby." It was midnight when we got home and I went to bed immediately. I had the day with Brendon tomorrow and knowing him, I'm gonna need all the sleep I can get.

Ok so I'm not gonna make this a normal thing, but I just wanted to thank you for over 100 reads! Thanks for reading and I'll keep writing Abby's story for you all to read!