Chapter 47

*time skip to New Year's Eve night*

The house is really crazy right now. There's 16 people, alcohol, and some "special brownies". We flew to California to Brendon and Ryan's house for a New Years party. We've been here since yesterday, meaning they've been partying since they woke up. We're probably going to be here for a couple more days because the guys won't want to fly home tomorrow.

"Abby! Let's play Mario!" Brendon grabs my arm and pulls me into the living room where the tv and wii are.

We turn the game on and start playing.

"What? No fair!" Brendon yells.

"I didn't do anything! You pushed me off!" I yell back.

"I give up!" Brendon throws his arms up in defeat. I guess Mario isn't his thing.

Well, playing that lasted a while 5 minutes. He suggests we play tag. It was more like I hid in a closet while he ran around thinking he was chasing me. Finally, he calms down and I'm able to come out.

"FOOD IS HERE!" Pete yells from the other side of the house.

It sounds like a stampede of bulls running as we all run towards the kitchen. In the kitchen, there are countless pizzas, chips, sodas, and countless other crap. I've got to hand it to Brendon and Ryan, they really know how to throw a party.

I grab a plate and pile food on it. Then I go to the living room to sit down and eat. With everyone in the room, I've realized the only really crazy person is Brendon right now. Most of them have only had maybe a shot or two, not very much compared to what they've drank before.

Gerard sits down next to me.

"So, how's the baby coming?"

"Great! It's devolving perfectly and my morning sickness finally stopped."

"That's awesome! This is the only experience I've ever had with pregnancy and probably the only experience I'll ever have. So I know almost nothing."

"Same! Dad got me a 'pregnancy for dummies' for Christmas!"

"Wow! I can't imagine ever having a tiny human growing inside of me!"

"Yeah. I never would've thought I'd get pregnant though."

"Why's that's?"

Oh my god. This is not what I had planned. I did not plan on coming out today.

"Well I'm kinda sorta hella gay."

Oh my god what's he going to say?

Instead of saying anything, he just pulls me into a hug.

"That's awesome! Have you come out to the guys yet?"

"No..."

"Ok! You tell everyone else when you're ready! But I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about."

"Yeah ok."

"Anyways, what's it like being pregnant?"

"Strange. There are certain smells I can't stand, certain foods I hate, and weirdest part are the cravings."

"Really? Like what?"

"Recently all I've wanted is chicken McNuggets from mcdonalds with applesauce! But at one point, I only wanted mac and cheese with ketchup on it. Now if I'm even around ketchup, I gag. It's all so weird."

"Sounds like it."

I finish my food and take my empty plate to the kitchen. Almost everyone gets their drinks when they're done and go to the living room again. Someone turns in the tv and we wait for the ball to drop.

• • • • •

"10! 9! 8!" We all chant. "7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Happy new year!"

The couples in the room kids and others give each other hugs. I get hugs from everyone and those it's drinks 'clink' their glasses.

Eventually, we all either pass out or go to sleep. In the morning, there's going to be a lot of hungover guys that me and the couple other sober people will have to deal with.