Chapter 38

*time skip to October 14*

"So Abby, how was your first tour?" Dad asks.

"It was awesome!" I say. "But I'm glad to be home." We flew home last night and didn't get home like 4 in the morning, so I slept in past noon.

"So I already got the groceries because I didn't want to wake you up. But I didn't put your stuff away. So go do that!"

"Ok!" I drag my bags upstairs to put things away.

I put the dirty clothes in the laundry basket, plug my electronics in to charge, make my bed, and go back downstairs.

I woke up so late that it's almost dinner time. Even though dad just bought food, Pete insists on ordering pizza-and I have no problem with that. It's obviously been a lazy day and we end up falling asleep on the couch watching Supernatural together.

When I wake up in the morning, my hand is in Joe's mouth. I squeal and recoil in disgust, causing everyone to wake up.

"WHERE'S THE MURDERER!?" Pete yells.

"No murderer." I say. "I woke up and my hand was in Uncle Joe's mouth!"

"What?! EW!" Joe yells and starts wiping his tongue with his hand then rubs it on me.

"Stop!" I yell and run away.

Joe chases me outside and corners me on the ended of the pool. He lunges at me and I jump out of the way at the last second.

"ABIGAIL!" Joe yells as everyone else meets us by the pool laughing. "Bring me the girl!"

"Ok!" Pete says taking my arm.

"Uncle Pete! What are you doing? You're working with the enemy!"

"Shush. Here you go Joseph." He hands my arm to Joe, who pulls me in too, but not before I took hold of Pete's collar, pulling him in with me.

"ABIGAIL!" Pete yells. I only laugh in return with Joe. "Trick, help me out." He says offering his hand to dad.

"No. I know where this is going Peter. No."

"Pretty please? I promise not to pull you in."

"Fine." Dad helps Pete out and then Pete turns around and pushes him in the water. "PEEEETE!" He yells as he falls. "Holy smokes! This is cold!"

"Well it is October in Chicago." Andy says.

Pete only laughs and jumps back in.

"Come on Uncle Andy! You're the only one not in the pool!" I pout.

"Fine." He says and jumps in too.

We spend some time playing in the pool until dad says something about not being able to move his fingers and we decide it's best to get out. We go inside to take showers and dry off. Andy was the first one done, so he made vegan tacos for everyone.

"So Abby, are you going trick or treating this year?" Dad asks.

"Umm. I don't know. I've only done it once and it was a long time ago with my sister. The orphanage didn't let us."

"Ok! We'll go with you, or my guess is if you ask Brendon, he'd take you. I'm pretty sure he did it last year."

"Ok!"

"So what are you going to be?" Pete asks.

"I don't want to have a typical costume. Ya know, vampires, werewolves, mummies. Stuff like that."

"Yeah, those aren't ever very good." Joe agrees.

"Ooo! Trick! Could we do a couple costume?!" Pete suddenly asks excitedly.

"Yes! You two should totally do that!" I exclaim.

"But what do we go as?"

"Umm."

"ARIEL AND PRINCE ERIC!" I suddenly burst out.

"OH MY GOSH TRICK! WE SHOULD TOTALLY DO THAT!"

"Ok! But you're Ariel!"

"I was hoping you'd say that!" Pete says laughing.

"Well now that that's settled, what are you gonna be Abby?"

"What if I dress up as the dog from The Little Mermaid?"

"Yeah!"

"Joe? Andy?"

"I think it'd be cute if just you three go together. We'll see what Brendon's doing." Joe says.

"Ok." We all agree.

"Do you think we can go to the pumpkin patch sometime?" I ask.

"Definitely." Dad says. "How about tomorrow? Then at night we can drive to this place with haunted houses!"

"Yeah!"