Chapter 40

Patrick's POV

"Abby sure is talking awhile." Pete comments.

"Is it," Joe says. "You know, her time?"

"I don't know." I say. "Let's go over to the bathrooms. Maybe she forgot where we were."

We walk over there and wait.

"Pete, it's been 20 minutes." I say.

"Yeah, how about I call her?"

When he starts calling Abby, I hear her phone go off behind the dumpsters. I run over here and pick her phone up. The screen is cracked and was obviously thrown on the ground.

"Oh my god!" I yell getting the guys attentions. "She must've been kidnapped! Why else would her phone we cracked behind a dumpster!?"

"Hey hey hey, calm down Trick. Don't jump to conclusions-I'm sure she's fine." Pete says as I fall to my knees.

"But she doesn't go anywhere without her phone! It's practically attached her to her! Why aren't you worried?"

"I am worried, but there's no use freaking out about something we can't control."

My breathing evens out and Pete helps me up.

"Hey, we'll call the police in the morning. Maybe she'll be back tonight." Andy says.

"Ok." I agree and we walk around a bit looking for her, but eventually have to leave.

Abby's POV

I wake up and try to stand up, but I'm tied to a chair.

"I see you're awake." My ex-mom says walking into the room.

"What do you want Kristen?" I spit with false confidence and she slaps my face.

"Don't call me that. You will only speak to me when prompted and refer to me as ma'am."

I slouch back in the chair and glare at her.

"Sit up!" She cries. "I guess living with those barbarian faggots made you forget your manners!"

"They are not barbarians!" I scream and she punches my nose. I feel blood rush out of it. "They are great people who actually love me! Unlike you and Dave!"

"How dare you speak to your mother that way." Dave growls from the doorway. "Didn't you ever wonder why we got rid of you?"

"Was it because I'm not Cassy!" Just so you know, Cassy was the name of her deceased sister-I think I've mentioned her briefly

"You little bitch!" Kristen yells and untied the ropes on my arms and legs then throws me against the wall. She grabs my collar and picks me up. "Don't you ever speak of her again. Or there will be consequences."

"I don't care! Do whatever you want! My dad, his boyfriend, and their friends are to put you two in prison!"

"You really think that fat idiot and his idiot friends are going to save you? They don't care about you! You're going to be with us forever as our toy!"

"Kristen, let her go. I got this." Dave says with a sly grin and I know where this is going.

He grabs my arm and drags me to a separate room. It's just like before: he puts my arms and legs in cuffs so I can't move, then proceeds to remove both of our clothes. This was what I put up with when they actually payed attention to me.

"Why me?!" I scream as he inserts himself. "Why never do this to Cassy! HUH? Why only me?"

"Do you really want to know?" He snarls spitting in my face. "It's because you were a mistake! We only ever wanted one child! But then you came along and we hated you! We thought about putting you up for adoption when you were born, but we decided we could use you! You were our play toy! But then you got the same cancer you sister had! We figured you would die soon, so why keep you? We finally took you to the orphanage. Then a year and a half later, we see that you're on tour with those Fallout Boys. We've chased you around, trying to get to yo! Then last night we followed you around, waiting to get you and we finally did! And this time, you're not getting away!"

I look at him in horror as he says these things. Maybe I am worthless. Maybe I should've tried harder to kill myself back during the summer. Maybe the guys aren't coming to get me.

Finally, he takes me back to mom and she ties me back up. I don't bother trying to get loose, I wouldn't get anywhere anyways.

Patrick's POV

We already told the police about Abby and they're looking for Abby. We are too.

"Trick, it's getting late, we'll look for her again tomorrow." Pete says tugging my arm towards the car.

"It's not that late." I say yawning.

"Did you sleep last night?"

"No."

Pete groans, "come on, let's go to bed. Tomorrow we'll keep looking."

I agree only because I'm really tired and we drive home. I just don't understand why anyone would take Abby. She's the sweetest girl ever! I just hope she's ok. At home, I got to bed and fall asleep as soon as my head touches the pillow.