Chapter 17

*time skip to April 27*

Abby's POV

Not much has happened during filming. But it was fun to watch the guys film. Today was dad's birthday! Last night I set my alarm to 5:00am, as well as Pete, Joe, and Andy.

I met them downstairs and we started getting ready. We didn't know how long everything would take and we don't want Patrick getting up. So starting at 5 gives us like 8 or 9 hours.

I get started on the cake. It's going to be 3 layers, black frosting, it's gonna say "Happy Birthday" on the middle layer and "Patrick" on the bottom in white frosting. The top layer will have a fondant microphone and guitar.

While I'm doing that Joe is blowing up balloons with helium and putting them all over the house. Of course, with him being the 10 year old he is, he inhales helium and walks into the kitchen and says, "oh my gosh Becky look at the cake!"

I start laughing and so does Joe then Andy comes in and shushes us. The Panic! guys come over at 11 and help Andy clean the house, for probably the first time. Since I'm making them. I finish the cake at noon and quickly run upstairs to wrap dad's gift. Then bring it downstairs and put it with the rest.

Pete helps Brendon bring in alcohol and Andy cooks on the grill. I run frantically around making sure everything is perfect when I hear dad open his door.

"Hurry hide!" I whisper-yell.

We all run behind things and when dad gets to the bottom of the stairs, we all jump out and yell, "SURPRISE!"

"Oh my god what the-" he notices the decorations and food.

"Happy birthday dad!" I run and give him a hug.

"T-thanks. You really didn't have to." He says.

"I wanted to! I've always wanted to plan a party!" I say. I hear his stomach growl and Andy brings in the food. Kabobs, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, drinks, etc. Then he asks about the cake.

"Did you make this?" He asks me.

"Yup!" I say proudly. He seemed taken back at my skills.

"And you didn't burn the house down?"

"Well, Pete did anything that used the oven, but I decorated it!"

"Wow." We ate then Brendon announced it was time for cake. I grabbed the candles and lit them.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Patrick! Happy birthday to you!" We all sang really off key.

"Wow thanks?" He said unsure of what to say to "amazing" singing. He blew the candles out and Dallon cut the cake.

We all enjoyed the cake and then I said it was time for him to open presents. Patrick said something about how we shouldn't of got him anything but we insisted he opened them.

Brendon got him a fedora, Dallon got him a gift card, Kenny got him vinyls, Spencer gave him $50 since he apparently "somehow forgot even though Brendon kept reminding him to buy something", Joe got him new guitar strings, Andy got him a rare signed vinyl to a band I've never heard of, Pete got him a new acoustic guitar, and then it was my turn. I gave him my present that was wrapped in shiny black paper. He opened it and gasped when he saw it. I got him a new microphone that said in a cursive gold font: To Dad, I love you so much! -Abby. He pulled me into a tight hug and whispered, "thank you. I love it Abby!"

It was about 7 and it was starting to get dark. Pete ordered pizza (of course) and we went outside by the pool. I turned the lights on, and it looked so cool outside. The pizza got here and we all dug in. Everyone but me and Andy starting drinking. Then Pete brought a karaoke machine out.

"How the fuck are you doing Patty?" He slurred into the microphone.

"Great! Thanks babe!" I started laughing and thinking that it they remembered any of this tomorrow, they'll regret that one part the most. Then Andy said I should yell Peterick confirmed. So I did.

"Whoooooo! Peterick confirmed!"

Pete turned and said, "you got that right!" Then pulled Brendon up and told him to sing. They all took turns singing ridiculous songs and sounding ridiculous because they were all so drunk.

Around midnight, me and Andy dragged them all back inside so when inevitably passed out, they wouldn't fall in the pool. By 1, they were all out cold so me and Andy went to bed. I sure hope dad had a good birthday.