Chapter 10

At 8:30am I was woke up by Andy.

"Abby. Abby! Come on! Get dressed! Wear a swimsuit and good walking shoes! We're leaving at 9!"

I rolled out of bed and looked for a swimsuit. I don't have one. I got a t-shirt and shorts then put sweatshirt on. I grabbed a pair of tennis shoes and threw my hair up in a quick ponytail. I went downstairs at 8:45 and ate an apple.

"Where are we going?" I asked Andy.

"It's a surprise! You ready?"

"Yeah. Let's go!"

We got in his car and we drove for awhile until we reached a hiking place. Are we hiking? We got out of the car and we started walking.

"I don't know how much fun you think hiking is, but I promise we'll have fun today." We kept talking until we reached the mystery destination. "Here it is. The lake!" I looked at the lake and it was beautiful. The sun reflected off it and the shadows from the trees created long dark spots in the water.

"Wow. This is beautiful."

"I know. I found it one day when I was hiking and thought I'd show you it. Now come on, let's swim!" Andy took his shirt off and I took my sweatshirt off. I dipped my toe in and immediately took it out.

"Oh my god that's cold!"

"Is it?" Andy said joining me at the water's edge. Then I got an idea and pushed him in. "Oh my god that's freezing!"I laughed at him and then he pulled me in.

I screamed because the water was freezing. "That wasn't nice!" I yelled while Andy laughed me. I splashed him and he splashed me back.

"I got an idea. Let's have a race from here to edge of the lake!"

"You're on! Ready. Set. Go!" We both pushed off and swam as fast as we could in the cold water. Andy beat me by a lot.

"Haha I won!"

"Whatever!" We played in the water for a long time until we both tired. We got out and checked the time. It was noon! We had been there for almost 3 hours.

"We should probably go home and dry off." Andy said.

"Yeah." We put our shoes on and I put my sweatshirt on and he put his shirt on and we left. "Uncle Andy, my legs are tired! Can you carry me?"

"Sure. Hop on my back." I jumped on his back and he gave me a piggyback ride back to the car.

We got home and changed clothes. I dried my hair and put jeans on with a different sweatshirt. I went downstairs and saw Andy waiting for me.

"Let's go!"

"Where are we going?"

"Lunch!" We got back in his car (which now smelled like lake) and drove to a Chinese food place. We are our food and left at 2. I didn't ask where we were going next, because I knew he wouldn't tell me. We drove to a movie theater. We bought tickets to a random movie and then got in line for concessions. We got popcorn, pop, and candy then went into the theater.

After the movie Andy said we needed to stop at the grocery store. "I'm gonna cook dinner tonight. I think after we're all gonna watch something though. Why don't you go find some popcorn while I get the groceries."

"Ok!" I went off to find popcorn and then got lost trying to find Andy again.

"Oh there you are! Why didn't you just call me?" He asked out of breath, he was obviously trying to find me too.

"Umm... I don't have one." I replied shyly. I didn't want him to spend money on me.

"What! I'll tell Pete and he'll buy you one tomorrow."

"No I don't need one."

"Yes you do! What about when we're filming? We won't be with you!"

"Uncle Andy, I promise I don't need one."

"I don't care, you're getting one."

He payed for the food and we went home. He started cooking and I watched.

"Do you want to help?"

"I'd probably make the house explode."

"Oh well, come here. You're going to help me." I helped him make dinner then went and got Patrick, Pete, and Joe. During dinner I told them all about today.

"Sounds fun, but just wait until tomorrow when you're with your Uncle Pete!" Pete exclaimed.

"Dinner was great! Thanks Uncle Andy!" I said giving him a hug and helping clean up. It was still early so we all got on the couch and watched Supernatural while eating popcorn. I guess it's kinda our thing, all watching Supernatural together. At 10 we all went to bed, I was spending the day with Pete tomorrow.