Chapter 39

"Come on! Come on! Come on! Wake up! Wake up!" I yell going from room to room.

"What time is it?" Dad asks groggily.

"It's 11! Now get up!"

He pulls the covers over his head and I pull them back down. Eventually, they all get up and have lunch before we all pile into the car.

"I forgot how squished this is." Andy says.

"Yeah." Joe agrees.

"Hey Abby?" Dad calls from the driver's seat.

"Yeah?"

"With the tour, we kind of forgot about school, so tomorrow we're gonna start." He says. "Hey, don't worry, we're homeschooling you, remember?" He adds when my face goes pale.

We get off the subject of school when I plug my phone into the care and play my music. The first song that comes on is Thnks Fr Th Mmrs. We all belt out the lyrics while we drive and the cars next to us look at us like we're crazy-which we probably are. Finally we get there and I jump out of the car.

"Come on! Let's go!" I yell bouncing like an excited puppy.

"Ok ok, calm down." Pete chuckles.

We walk to the entrance and buy tickets. I look at the map and run towards the first interesting thing I see: pig races. We get there and it's about to start. We take a seat on the benches and a man walks out with a microphone.

"Hey there folks! We're 'bout to start, but first, I'm going to need some volunteers to help cheer on our piggies!" The man says overenthusiastically.

Immediately, a bunch of kids-including me-raise their hands. He chooses 5 people and they go up there. They each get assigned a pig and the pigs are off. The process repeats two more times, and one of those times I got chosen! The winner of each round got a pig nose on an elastic. I got one! I put it on and go back to the guys who were signing things and taking pictures.

"Did you see me win?" I ask when they're done.

"Yeah! It was right after that the fans came!" Dad answers.

We walk around a bit then find a place where there's giant trampolines. We all take our shoes off and go jump. Well until Joe gets kicked off for 'accidently' pushing another child off. He argued that the kid just 'ran into his outstretched arms'. We get off after that and put our shoes back on.

Next, we find some small haunted house and go through them. They were little kiddie ones, so they weren't scary. According to dad, the ones we're going to tonight are really scary though. After that, we go to a little restaurant and buy food.

Dad gets apple cider for everyone and a pie to share. We devour it all then I suggest we go pick pumpkins.

We walk to a line where people are waiting to get on a tractor with a trailer to drive us out to the pumpkins. After waiting about 40 minutes, we finally get on. I run to find the biggest one, but Pete beats me to it.

"How about this one?" He says.

"Babe, that one is bigger than your head!"

"But I want it!" Pete and I whine.

"Can you even carry it?"

"If we all help, we can." Pete argues.

Dad finally caves in because his daughter and boyfriend are begging him to-I mean, who could say no to that? Everyone helps carry the pumpkin except me because I was only getting in the way. We get it on the trailer then wait to go back. When we did get back, we brought it to the front to pay for it. Then we hauled it to the car and started to drive to the other place.

"At this place, there's three haunted houses: one house, one in the woods, and one in a cornfield." Andy says.

"Sounds fun!" I say excitedly.

When we got there, we walked rup to the entrance and payed to get in. Inside there were people dressed up walking around scaring everyone. We walked to the house and waited to get in. We did that with all of them. Inside, we screamed a lot and Pete might've kinda accidently punched a clown that scared him.

"You have fun?" Joe asks.

"Yeah!"

"Good, then why don't we call it a night and go home."

"Ok, but first I need to use the bathroom."

"Ok, hurry back!"

I walk to the restroom and go. When I leave, a rag is put over my mouth. My first instinct is to try and breath, but that's a stupid idea. I quickly pass out, but not before I see my capture's face.

"Mom?"

OOOOO TWIST!! I've been waiting to write this since I started! I'm so excited to write these next chapter with Abby's parents!!