Chapter 4

*Abby's POV*

I woke up in the middle of the night to a loud crash. I get up to investigate and find Jasmine's mirror had fallen down. I rush to get back into bed in case she thinks I did it. But it was too late.

"Did you break my freaking mirror! I'm gonna make you pay for that!" She lunged at me and took a swing. She hit my nose and I felt blood rush from it. She didn't stop there. She grabbed me, and me being so skinny and light, she easily throws me against the wall. I fall into the glass shards I feel them pierce my skin. She goes back to bed and I spend the next 2 hours cleaning myself and the broken glass up.

I finally go back to bed and I hear birds start to chirp. "Of course." I grumble and go back to sleep.

I'm awaken only a few hours later by Clove throwing a pillow at me. "Wake up! Miss Parker wants to see you!" She yelled with a smirk.

I get dressed and walk to her office. I'm greeted by 4 familiar faces.

1 hour earlier
*Patrick's POV*

"Ok so you, Patrick Stump, Pete Wentz, Joe Trohman, and Andy Hurley would like to adopt Abigail Winters?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Ok. But you need to know her history, to know exactly what you're getting into."

"Ok. Go on."

"This all starts when she was 7. She was ignored by her parents and they wouldn't ever listen to her. Then she started getting bullied at school. She was called 'fat', 'ugly', and countless other things. Abby started cutting when she was only 8. Her parents continued to ignore her. Her parents finally started to notice and took her to a doctor. But they waited too long. She was diagnosed with depression. When she was 10, she started complaining about a pain in her leg and was diagnosed with bone cancer. This is when her parents decided to bring her here. They dropped her off in here and left. Didn't leave anything besides Abby. She was fine for about a week before I noticed she was being bullied. I've tried to stop it and the kids refuse. She fought off the cancer. I know she had stopped cutting for about a year before she came here. But when the bullying started, she started again. I've taken her blades but she keeps getting more. I don't know how. She was diagnosed with bone cancer again 2 months ago. The treatment is working great and she'll be fine. She's had anxiety for a while. She recently told me that her parents stopped taking her to school when she was 8. I've tried to get her to go back but she has bad memories there and won't. She enjoys listening to music. So now that you know her story, do you still want to adopt Abby?"

When Miss Parker was done talking, I was in shock. Abby is only 11 and all this has already happened to her? I look at the guys and they are also in shock.

"Can we have a moment to discuss?"

"Of course." She leaves the room and I turn to the guys.

"I still want to adopt her." I say.

"Her childhood was really fucked up man! I also want to adopt her still!" Pete says.

"The kid had a horrible childhood. I want to make her teens better! I'm in to adopt her!" Andy says.

"Well I can't say anything different. I'm in." Joe says.

I call Miss Parker back into the room and tell her our answer. "We would like to adopt Abby."

"Very well. She will be thrilled!" We fill out a bunch of paperwork and are given some instructions for her. Then she gets one of the other kids to call Abby down here.

Abby stopped in her tracks when she saw us. I gave her a smile and a little wave. "Hey kid! Guess why we're here?"

She gave us a confused look and I look at the guys then said "we're adopting you!"