Confuzzled

Derek's P.O.V

I'm quite relaxed, lying down on the ground. I'm gazing up into the sky, watching clouds go by. I do notice the numbness surrounding me, but I ignore it since it's helping me block out the...pain?

Something's wrong.

I lift my head up of the grass and survey the hill that I was resting on.

Something was missing.

I couldn't put my finger on it, but the empty space that this 'something' left was making me uncomfortable. I sighed and lowered my head onto the ground. A funny shaped cloud floated by, causing me to smile.

I can't remember the last time I did smile actually...

What am I missing?! Come on, think you idiot! It's...it's...erm....

....a person?

Yes! But who would I be missing? Who's that important that is nearly causing me to get off this hill and race around looking for...

...her...

A her? Really? Well, I am a boy...aren't I? Could it be a girlfriend? I can hear my laugh resonate between the other hills around. Me? A girlfriend? Why is that so hard to believe?

It isn't though...

Oh my God. I do have a girlfriend! How could I forget Lilly?

No, that doesn't sound right.

Sarah?

Jessica?

Hazel? No, hold on. That was close. How comes?

Hailey...

Heather...

....Hagrid... Why would I even think that? Sigh...

Hattie?

.

.

H-Hannah?

Hannah. Yes! Hannah! Hanna..Han. My Hannah. Beautiful, and funny and smart and...cute? Must be.

But where is she? I miss her. I'm getting cold. She needs to help me.

Hannah!

I try and get up. My legs won't move. C'mon! I'm sweating with effort.

"Derek?"

I stop. I quickly glance around, but I can't find anything, see anyone...

" Is that you Derek?" the faceless voice asks.

" Erm. Yes. I think." I feel stupid, talking to just a voice. "Are you Hannah? Can I see you?"

" But I'm...I'm already here. Lying next to you."

I turn my head to my right, then left. She is here. And looks prettier in person. I feel like I'm meeting her for the first time. I'd gasped unconsciously, causing her to giggle.

"What?" I ask She doesn't reply, just shakes her head and shuffles closer,  never breaking eye contact.

A minute of silence passes.

" I'm not actually sure what to do" I whisper.

"Say my name for a start" she answers.