Chapter 27

~time skip it's the expedition~
(Y/N)'S P.O.V
I woke up to the sound of clinking so I opened my eyes to see (b/f) putting on gear over some leggings, a white spaghetti strap, the survey core jacket, and their green cloak. I got up putting on some shorts and a shirt. My stomach was doing flips I didn't like the feeling ether. "Ya know it's not too late to stay" I say while she makes sure everything's okay with her gear then she picked up the sack of things she's taking. "Nah I'm ready I'll see you in a few days I'll be back not a scratch on me, you forget you got humanity's strongest on your side" she said winking "amongst other things" she added on I punched her arm.
"Okay I need to make sure my tanks are full and do some warm ups wanna join" I smiled at her "sure" I ran and strapped on my gear and we headed out grabbing some bread on the way.
"Whoo that was guud" I heard (b/f) say and she landed "no fair Levi has you practically ripped I'm not really sure how" I said the last part under my breath "hey I heard that!" I laughed "c'mon you gotta go refill your tanks before you leave" she nodded and headed off while I went in search of the short one.
"Hey Levi" I said coming behind him giving him a hug. "Tch hey brat" he said turning around and hugging me I let go "don't forget you need to keep my best friend alive" he nodded "tch yea I made sure she can handle herself " I nodded and smiled I still had this nervous feeling. "Hey love birds~" I heard (b/f) say behind me "tch put your shit on the horse already" 'grumpy' I looked over to her to see her smiling at us "okay mr.grumpy gills" she said poking his cheek. He went to flip her over but she, stopped him? "Ha! I did it!! WHOO!" (B/f) jumped around a little "brought my A game today cap. She said saluting Levi. I raised an eyebrow then Erwin gave the signal to leave so they mounted their horses and set off. Me and (b/f) talked while walking and as we passed (b/n)'s house I went in and she went to the gates I gave Levi a kiss and her a hug before she was gone. Hopefully not for long.
(B/F)'S P.O.V
I was on my horse waiting at the gate 'the people aren't as noisy as I thought they'd be...' I thought I mean yea they were talking mad shit but It's not hard to ignore.
It was thirty seconds before the gate opened 'I wander how their outsides are without all the shit' I thought to myself. We exited the gates and it was amazing the grass was so green I almost didn't notice Levi yell 15 meter I looked over to see a Titan. Hanji prepared me for this but somehow it was a little scary.
We changed formation and went left. It was about ten minutes before I saw the opening of the forest "stay on your horses" I heard Levi yell I looked over to see Armin he was focused ahead I felt my phone vibrate in my bag it was (y/n).
We were finally in the forest and we had split up they want to capture a Titan or try finding their mating spot 'idiots' I think as a Titan comes Mikasa zipped over and killed it easily.
This was kinda boring but I kept my senses sharp I can't die yet we're almost to the village we're staying at for the night it's exiting a village outside the wall! We had switched to gear to take a lunch break so I took out an apple from my bag and some bread. I quickly checked my phone it was a text from (y/n) asking if I was dead. I responded no and I'll text her tomorrow if I'm not dead. Then turned my phone off and went to eat with everyone.
I sat on the branch and took a bite out my apple Sasha drooling over it. "So how are you holding up this being your first mission" Eren asked I nodded "good" he nodded I laughed a little "I hope I don't get eaten if I do though could you tell (y/n) that my safe code is" I leaned over to Armin and whispered my code he nodded "awe why can't we hear it" Sasha wined "Because you guys will tell her even if I survive" Eren shrugged then nodded "true" I took a bite out of my bread and looked over to Sasha and ripped it in half giving her the bigger pice. "Thx" she said before scarfing it down "tch filthy" I heard Levi finally speak "how you holding up brat" I looked over and wiped a fake tear from my eye "you care I knew it" he rolled his eye "just trying to lighten the mood I'm good" I said lifting my hands he nodded "say Levi do you hate me" I asked leaning back on the tree I was sat in he rolled his eyes "tch no your just annoying" I raised an eyebrow "so you could consider me... Trust worthy" he sat for a moment then stood up and took his maneuvering gear off. He then looked me in the eyes and jumped I yelped 'he's fucking crazy' I think as I dive down hooking onto a tree catching him "God you freaking hobbit you way a pretty pound" I say as I bring him back into the branch "what the hell you could've died!" Practically everyone including me yelled. "Tch yea I trust you with my life brat" he said as he put his gear on. I just sat down and put my hand to my chest drinking some of my water. I glanced at Armin he looked back at me and I offered him my water he looked hesitant "go ahead I know you brush your teeth" I said an she took a sip "you can have the rest I got plenty" he then downed the whole bottle I laughed a little "okay let's go breaks up" everyone zipped back down to the horses and we continued riding.
"12 meter top left" It was my kill "got this" I zipped up high and killed in no problem. We were riding for a while more till we saw the village it was about sundown so we got to stop everyone else arriving moments later.
It was me, Armin, Eren, and Mikasa. In the cabin I shared a room with Mikasa while Armin and Eren were together My shift was coming and I shared it with the hobbit.
I was awoken by Levi telling me it's our turn. "Come on idiot" I got up half asleep "yea yea" I said waving him off. We walked outside and sat down in some old chairs. "So Levi tell me what was it like in the underground?" He looked over to me "who told you about that" I shrugged "I know more than you think" he rolled his eyes "it was fine" I looked down "how did you feel when you lost them" he snapped his head over to me. "Who told you that." I rolled my eyes "you did just now" I lied.
He let out a 'tch' "it felt like losing my life" I looked away "if I die will (y/n) feel like that?" He looked down "don't speak like that" I shrugged "it's just a question" he huffed "she'd be devastated" I nodded "if I die-" "your not going to" I nodded "but if I do let her know I'm really sorry" I told him he nodded I looked away blushing "a-also tell Armin that I really liked him and that I want him to have my laptop.." He looked over to me smirk on his face "you like him" I nodded punching him "if you tell I'll beat your ass" I said he rolled his eyes "what's a laptop" I froze for a sec "it's like a blanket for your lap yea know it's for reading" he nodded and shrugged.
"Your not that bad Levi" he rolled his eyes "I guess you can be not like hanji" I shrugged and waited for our watch to end.

I woke up to Mikasa shaking me "hey (b/f) wake up we need to go" I got up and rubbed my eyes "okay" she handed me my belts and maneuver gear and I strapped up and ran to my horse 'two more days' while no one was looking I texted letting (y/n) know I was alive.
(B/F)'S P.O.V
I got the text from (b/f) I was at (b/n)'s house we were eating breakfast "do you feel nervous" he asked suddenly I nodded. "Why do you" he nodded "well (b/f)'s okay so no need to worry" he nodded and put our dishes away. "movie? Burlesque perhaps" I nodded excitedly.
(B/F)'S P.O.V
We were currently being chased by five autistic Titans I got off my horse to kill two while Levi and Mikasa got the other three. I was now next to Armin and Eren. We found some scattered people from other squads that were wiped out.
One had a message "corporal corporal!" Levi turned around "tch what brat" "there are too many titans coming our way!"He looked confused till he felt the thump of the horde that wiped out his squad.
"Tch how many are there?!" He looked down "I-I don't know exactly there were ten when I left but more were coming" he said remembering "tch switch to 3Dmgs"
Everyone switched and we went up at first it was two I wiped them out, six next so Mikasa, Levi, and me killed them but they kept coming "Levi are y'all trying to capture the female Titan again?" He shook his head "not that I know of" I growled if Erwin gets anyone killed so help me.
Soon everyone was killing Titans I switches my blades to newer sharper blades just as a Titan grabbed Eren "damnit" I raced over and cut its fingers setting Eren free then killing it. I went to the next one, two, three. Then they stopped it looked like we were done I was on the ground when I heard someone scream it was the boy who told Levi about the horde he was being bitten in half I screamed and ran towards the kid I jumped and zipped to the Titan killing it quickly catching the kid I brought him down slowly. He was crying "hey hey stop your good breath" I calmed him brushing my fingers through his hair. " hey what's your name?" He looked at me tears in his eyes he knew he didn't have long. "My names Thomas rightweld" I nodded "do you have a family?" He nodded smiling " little brother and mom" I smiled I'all let them know you died a hero Thomas. He smiled at me "t-thank you" I nodded and smiled at him "bye" "bye" he was gone.
'Damn that was depressing' I stood up and zipped to the branch everyone was on I had his badge in my pocket. "Let's go we need to get our horses" we nodded and zipped mine wasn't far so I got mine back. We were riding on when a Titan fell out of a tree it was on all fours. It went after Levi but he moved it looked just like the one that killed Isabel and Furlen. He went at it as two more Titans came one abnormal the other a 14 meter the aberrant went for Levi as he went for the kill I rushed as fast as I could go and cut the nape of it while the other was killed by Levi I guess we both forgot about the other one it grabbed my wire and pulled me towards it I screamed and then both my legs started to sting I heard my name being called by a few people I presume Armin and Eren I think I heard Levi then it went dark.
LEVI'S P.O.V
I watched as the Titian ate that brat I yelled her name but she couldn't hear Armin and Eren were calling her name too. The Titan fell as Armin attacked it I ran and cut the jaw off but I only got the dead body on (b/f) without her legs. Armin fell Eren and Mikasa ran to his aid and I felt a wave of guilt pass over me.
~Time skip~
I watched as the wall lifted and we entered. I heard the comments of everyone. I had taken the Thomas kids badge from her she wanted it to make it back this family.
As I rode up I saw (y/n) and her brother standing talking (b/n) saw me first and he smiled and pointed to me but when he didn't see the annoying smile of that brat his face dropped (y/n) said something and they started looking around.
When I got there and she saw my face I think she knew. "Where's (b/f) is she with Armin" she said trying to sound like it was true but when she was met with the tear stained face of Armin her smile dropped.
She looked towards me she looked so betrayed her eyes filled with tears and she looked away (b/n) hugged her tears in his eyes too. I felt a tug on my cape so I looked down to be met with brown eyes "have you seen you brother his name is Thomas?" He asked smiling my eyes softened.
I kneeled down and pulled his badge out of my pocket. The kids eyes got misty "are you rightwelds brother?" He nodded I handed him the badge "my squad member saved him but it was too late" he nodded crying "tell them I said thank you" I nodded "I will". As I turned around I saw (y/n) walking towards me.
" you said you'd take care of her!" I looked down "I didn't know it would happen it was so sudden we lost focus." She shook her head.
(Y/N)'S P.O.V
I wanted to believe him but I was too sad. "Why didn't you try to save her?!" His eyes got misty "It pulled her by her wires she saved my life and I couldn't save her life I'm so sorry (y/n)" he said his voice cracking. I started crying again "It's- it's not your fault you didn't know" I said crying more. "I just" I didn't want to talk anymore he hugged me and I felt weak. (B/n) came over and grabbed me "hey (y/n) do you wanna stay at my place for a little" I nodded and we walked to his house leaving Levi behind.