New Neighbour

I woke in my room sighing as I get up to make some breakfast I decide on bacon and eggs. Then the flashbacks and memories were all coming back.

I was in 10th grade and my best friend, Luke Hemmings was leaving year 11 in school. He had gotten a music contract with his three best mates, Calum, Michael and Ashton.

I was crying hard into his chest as he told me about the contract and I was so devastated he had to leave. He was your only friend accept for Tarra and Amber who lived in Melbourne. ‘Luke promises me we’ll text and call every day?’ I asked looking up at him with tears pouring down my pale face. He took my hand in his and looked me in the eyes, ‘I promise, I have to leave now stay strong for me, and finish school’ he said with a little chuckle. I could only nod not trusting my voice.

Luke kissed me on the head and left the hell hole others call school. I waved him goodbye as he was driven away.

*5 months later*

I and Luke had been texting and calling every day. He told me what it is like touring with the world’s biggest boy band. The last time Luke had texted I was yesterday, he might be extra busy. It had been a month since Luke last texted me, he had forgotten about me, and he broke his promise.

‘Taylor?’ mum said as she looked annoyed. ‘Yes mum?’ ‘Hurry up and get changed were going to welcome our new neighbours.’ ‘Mum no.’ ‘Were leaving in 5.’ ‘Ugh.’ I walked up the stairs and put on floral crop top and high waisted skinny jeans with my black converse trainers. You could see the tattoo that was showing on your arm, it was a saying you and Luke use to say when you were in middle school, “If someone close forgets who you are, they forget who they really are.” Me and mum walked next door and knocked the door three times. As I saw who it was my mouth dropped. It was Liz, Luke’s mum. I wanted to run away and scream and lock myself into my bedroom but mum dragged me inside. I gave Liz a hug and said hello while her and mum catch up. ‘Luke come down and say hello,’ she shouted. I heard loud footsteps coming downstairs as Liz and my mum walked outside to chat over coffee and cake. You sighed and listened to Luke talking to Liz as you leaned against the wall the door shut and Luke appeared in front of you wide eyed and shocked.

*Luke’s POV*

I walked outside to where mum called me down, really right now; I’m busy song-writing for the band. I saw her smiling at me, Luke do you remember Robyn, you know Taylor’s mum?’ I gave her a stare, ‘Uh yeah why?’ ‘Well they’re our new neighbours.’ My mouth dropped as I heard this. What no, this can’t happen Taylor probably hates me. I haven’t talked to her in 2 years. I walked in side after greeting Mrs. Stromberg. I slammed the door and stood with my eyes wide open as I saw Taylor leaning against the wall. She saw me and she was pissed off. She stormed outside and slammed the door on the way out I followed her out and she pulled her phone out and she was typing on it furiously, almost like she was going to put a hole in it. She saw me outside and she started walking up to me.

*Your POV*

I walked up to Luke as he had a shocked look on his face. I started letting 2 years of built up anger out on him. ‘WHY DID YOU STOP TALKING TO ME, DID YOU THINK BECAUSE YOUR ALL FAMOUS THAT YOU CAN JUST GO AND FORGET ME? LUKE I WAS YOUR BEST FRIEND. YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AFTER YOU LEFT? I GOT BULLIED EVERYDAY I HAD NO FRIENDS ACCEPT AMBER AND TARRA THAT LIVE IN MELBOURNE STILL. I GOT BEATEN UP EVERY DAY AND I GOT RAPED AT MY COUSIN’S PARTY. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WAS LIKE AND I HAD NO-ONE TO RELY ON TO HELP ME GET THROUGH IT WITHOUT SELF-HARMING MYSELF SO A BIG FUCKS YOU TO YOU LUCAS.’ ‘i-I didn’t know I’m sorry Taylor, if I knew-…‘ I cut him off, “Yes and you didn’t because you thought you were all famous you could just break your promises right?’ ‘No that’s not what I meant at all I mean my schedule with interviews and performances and I just hoped you’d understand.’ ‘Oh I understand perfectly Luke,’ he smiled a bit, ‘and I hope you understand you can go get fucked because you broke my heart, goodbye Lucas.’ The smile wiped off his face as you started storming across the road to your house. He sat on the ground not knowing what to do. I slammed the door as I walked to my room. I put on Blink 182 and cried. Could this get any damn worse?