Just Another Mistake

Taylor’s POV

I woke up this morning extra early to check up on Ashton. I’m getting pretty worried about him; after all he is my best friend. I get out of Luke’s protective arms and get up out of bed kissing him on the nose, leaving the room careful not to wake Luke up. I knocked on Ashton’s door and walked in. He was still asleep so I tried to wake him up. I look on over to the bedside table as Ashton’s phone vibrates, and as I see his phone, something caught my eye, it was shining. I moved Ashton’s phone out of the way and saw a razor blade with blood on it. I panicked and shook Ashton until he woke up. I didn’t realise I was crying, ‘Taylor calm down what’s wrong?’ He stood up and went to hug me and I backed away. ‘Please what happened?’ ‘You promised me Ashton, you promised!’ My breathe hitched in my throat and I fell to the ground because I couldn’t breathe. I stood up when Ashton tried to help me up.

‘Don’t touch me Ashton.’ I sobbed. He looked furious but also crying. I saw his arm and it was really bad, but not as bad as Luke’s was.‘WELL IT’S NOT LIKE YOU OR LUKE HAVEN’T DONE IT, WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY ABOUT IT?’ ‘I’M ANGRY BECAUSE YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD TALK TO ME IF YOU EVER FELT LIKE DOING IT!’ ‘WELL YOU DIDN’T TALK TO ME ABOUT IT WHEN YOU MOVED SCHOOLS.’ ‘DON’T FUCKING BRING UP THE PAST ASHTON.’ I didn’t realise but everyone was outside of the room listening to you both yelling. Luke barged in, ‘Alright that’s enough.’ He took me away but looked shocked as he saw me crying. ‘Keep your damn girlfriend on a leash Luke.’ ‘All I ever wanted to do was to help you.’ My voice was weak and it broke. ‘Well I don’t want your help, I don’t want to talk to you ever again, now get out of my room.’ Ashton sat on his bed and played his music. Luke led me out of the room and I shoved past everyone and ran into mine and Luke’s room and locked myself in there.

I heard a knock on the door and then the door opened, Luke put the key to our room in his pocket. He walked over to the bed and hugged me,‘you okay sweetheart?’ I shook my head and sat up, ‘he was my best friend Luke, and I just wanted to help him.’ I sobbed and Luke pulled me into his chest. ‘If he didn’t want your help, then obviously he didn’t deserve it. It’ll be okay baby.’ Luke played with my hair and he kissed my head. He calmed me down then cupped my face with his hands, ‘you okay now?’ I nodded and kissed his cheek,‘yeah thanks Luke.’ My voice was still weak. I realised something, it’s not that I’m upset I’m angry, really angry at Ashton. And I have every damn right to be mad. I wiped my tears and hugged Luke, he took my hand in his own and I got up. He held me by the waist and we went down stairs. Ashton was down there talking to Calum. Ashton looked at me with an ‘I’m sorry’ face but I had no emotion on my face towards him what so ever. If he was going to be a cunt then I two will play that game. I went and got an apple and sat in the lounge room where everyone else was. They all looked at me weird, ‘Are you okay Taylor?’Calum asked with wide eyes. I smiled, ‘I’m fine thanks for your concern.’ ‘So can we watch a movie maybe?’ Briana asked really quietly. I don’t know, I felt like a compete bitch today and I’m not even on my periods. Ashton looked at me in a ‘can we please talk?’ look. I just huffed and looked away. I heard him sigh, ‘Taylor can we please talk?’ ‘Nope.’ I said popping the ‘p.’ he looked at me with sad eyes. ‘But I’m really sorry for what I said and-‘. ‘No Ashton, you said what you needed to, now leave it.’ Michael had put in the movie The Lion King. Ashton left and he hung his head. Calum looked at me, ‘Taylor I really think that you should talk to him.’ ‘The answer is still no.’ ‘You really hurt him Taylor.’ I laughed in a sarcastic and bitchy way. ‘No, Calum actually he hurt me, he lied to my face and broke his promise. I don’t think he’s the one hurt here.’ ‘Taylor he told me what happened you don’t need to lie to…’ The tears started falling again as I stood up. Luke got up as well, ‘NO! WHY THE FUCK AM I ALWAYS SEEN AS THE BAD GUY WHEN PEOPLE HURT ME, NO LUKE JUST DON’T.’Luke’s face dropped and he sat down. ‘I’ll be back later…oh, not that any of you care anyway.’ I walked out of the house and slammed the door on the way out. They really break my heart these lot.