Who Was He?

Calum's POV

I see Taylor and Luke walk out of the lounge room and she completely ignores the rest of us. What the hell happened? She put her plate in the sink and stormed upstairs and slammed the door when she gets there. I give Brittany a hug,

'I'll go and talk to her babe.'

 I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she smiled a bit. The other boys smiled sympathetically as I walked up stairs to Taylor's room and knocked on it three times...

'Come in', I hear Taylor's sad voice. I opened the door and sat on the bed with her. I gave her a warm and comforting hug.

'Are you okay? You seem really upset today,’

I said with a caring voice. She looked up at me and she was on the verge of crying.

'I don't know Calum, it's just that Amber and Luke have been getting like really close, they're texting all the time and Luke is always ignoring me since they started talking and texting each other.'

 I hugged her as she started crying into her hands. I pulled out of the hug.

'Hey I promise whatever happens I'll be here for you, and I know how you feel Michael and Brittany are getting pretty close but she's mine and I love her to pieces so I won't let her run away that easily, haha.'

'Thank you Calum but I don't want them to date and I know that sounds really selfish but her and Michael are dating and I really like Luke.’

 I smile at Taylor really big and winks,

'You really like Luke?'

 Taylor half-smiled,

 'I've loved him for years Calum.'

That was one of the best things about today, now maybe Luke will cheer up a little bit, he really likes Taylor but never had the guts to tell her. I gave her one last hug,

'Well I'll see you later, or do you want to come down with me?'

 She smiled at me, 'I think I’m gunna come down, thank you Calum.'

I walked down stairs with Taylor smiling and laughing and sat down on the lounge watching a movie.

Luke's POV

I see Calum walk up stairs to go and check up on Taylor. I need to know what’s wrong with her; it’s starting to worry me. After about five minutes I see Calum walking downstairs with Taylor smiling and laughing at his jokes. Calum walks up to Brittany and kisses her cheek as they start talking about what happened with Taylor. They met the rest of us watching the movie, ‘grown up’s 2.’ Throughout the movie Taylor would stare at Amber then back at the movie. I send her a ‘we need to talk now’ look. She stood up and walked to the kitchen. I walked out with her and saw her eating an apple. She seemed annoyed,

‘What do you want Luke?’

I walked closer to her.

‘I want to know what’s wrong with you.’

 ‘You don’t deserve to know.’

 I frowned as I was getting angry,

‘I’m your best friend Taylor I DO deserve to know.’

‘Well when you start acting like one again maybe I will start telling you things.’

She snapped at me, I could see the fire in her eyes. Calum walked out and had a worried look on his face. I was so angry, what the fuck was she talking about. Then her phone rang and she picked up. She walked out sending me a glare; I heard her talking as I heard a male voice at the other end of the line. I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation.

‘Hey, how are you Jackson?’ Taylor asked.

‘I’m very good and how are you Taylor?’ The man asked.

‘I could be a lot better, but I’m glad you called.’ Taylor’s voice lightened.

‘Well you know I’m always here for you if you need anything just wanted to check up on you.’ The man stated.

Taylor laughed a bit, ‘Well I’m a lot better now you called, thank you I better let you go though, call you later?’

‘Of course I might come see you next month if that’s alright?’ He sounded hopeful.

‘Oh yes that’s a great idea I haven’t seen you in years! I gotta go though, love you bye.’ She squealed.

‘Well I’ll see you next month, love you, bye.’ 

He hung up and she smiled and put her phone in her pocket. I sat in the lounge room with the others. Did she have a boyfriend? What does it matter I’m just the best friend, well I think I am. I’m in love with my best friend, that’s if she doesn’t hate me...