Chapter Two

The bell rang and the class jumped out of the trance they were in and collected their books. I followed their lead when Mr. Dalagon's low voice stopped me.

"Auden, Ace, see me at my desk."

I slowly approached, weary as I hoped the conversation wasn't about my late entrance.

Ace approached behind me. I tried not to focus on him and instead Mr. Dalagon.

"Ace, as previously brought up, you are failing my class. And even if you passed the rest of the semester with flying colours you still wouldn't pass. The only way would be extra credit. So I'm putting you in charge of the Winter dance."

Ace blinked slowly, his long eyelashes kissing his cheeks, "The dance? I didn't even plan on going so why would I help set it up?" His eyes darkened clearly annoyed.

Mr. Dalagon rubbed his eyes, either agitated by Ace or a loose contact. Why an old man would bother with contacts I would never know, "If you want to graduate, you must get extra credit. And the only way is the dance. Seeing as you came to this school just last month I would have expected that you would try harder."

I clear my throat, "Sorry, Mr. Dalagon, but what does this have to do with me?"

"Don't think I didn't know you too aren't doing too well in my class. So you also must help."

My eyes widened, "I'm sorry but I can't."

Ace interrupted, "Yeah me too." This earned him a glare from the teacher seated in front of us.

I continued, "I have a lot of work at home and my parents wouldn't approve."

Mr. Dalagon's hand went up, "No need to worry about your parents as they have already been contacted."

My heart, blood and mind stopped all at once and fuzz buzzed in my ears.

They know I'm failing, I'm going to die.

Just kidding.

I'll be in a lot of trouble so I guess that's bad.

Ace slammed his hand on the desk and glared at Mr. Dalagon, "Sorry, but I'm not interested." He straightened his back, turned and walked to the door.

The teacher, clearly frustrated, sighed, "I'm sure you wouldn't want a certain someone to know of this. Or rather, a group of people?"

This halted the tall boy, and for a second his expression changed to fear but quickly changed as fast as it appeared. He plastered on a fake, exaggerated smile, "When do we start?"

Mr. Dalagon, knowing he had won, leaned back in his small chair and smirked, "Today, till six. You have two weeks."

Suddenly a thought crossed my mind, "Mr. Dalagon, if we are doing this all on our own, what does the student council do? They are the ones who promised the dance."

A long breath escaped his lips, "The dance was going to be cancelled because the council had too much on their hands. So I brought you two up and the rest of the staff believed it would be a fair deal." Mr. Dalagon reached into his desk and pulled out two late slips and quickly wrote down a few notes, "Now, get to class, I expect you here after school to start planning."

Ace ripped one of the notes out of his hand and stomped out of class. I looked to Mr. Dalagon who was looking at me with an expression I read as good luck. I took the slip with a nod and rushed out the door. The tall teen was already down the hall and I jogged to catch up. After a bit I realized it would be a little suspicious if we walked in late at the same time. You know how teenager minds work.

I glanced up at Ace to see he had stopped. He turned and looked at me, then approached.

My heart beat against my ribcage, increasing with every step he took. Soon he stood, towering over me. I took this time to examine his face. His pale skin had a few bumps but otherwise clear. His eyes so light they appeared to be grey with small gold flecks. His lips plump with the colour of a fresh bruise. What really surprised me was the slight scar that ran from right above his right eyebrow. The line parallel with his eyebrow tail.

Realizing I was staring I cleared my throat, "Yes?" My voice shook.

His eyes looked me up and down, studying me. He cocked his jaw, "You like chinese food?"

My forehead crinkled in confusion. He wanted to know if I liked chinese food? I expected him to tell me to do all the work on the dance myself but clearly I was way off.

"Yes?" My voice was laced in uncertainty.

He lightly chuckled, his gaze wandering from my face, "Do you only say yes?" I shook my head, "Good, and we're having chinese tonight."

"Excuse me," I scoffed, "But we are working on the dance, not going on a date."

His eyebrows rose, "Date? Who said date? I'll just saying we should order some as we have to work till six."

My cheeks tinted in embarrassment and I couldn't form words.

Ace continued for me, "Well we should get to class, wouldn't want to be late now would we?"

This boy is going to be the death of me.

A/N

I'm throwing out these chapter so you guys can get a feel for the story

Let me know what you think!

Byeee