Chapter Three

I ran out of class to get to lunch, trying to avoid peoples smirks as they looked at me and Ace. We entered at different times, but I guess the students put two and two together and came up with some weird fantasy scene.

I walk outside to see a bright blue sky which contradicted the original forecast of storms all day. Seeing my tree free I rush over to claim the spot like a third grader. I see Brianna approach with a slight skip in her walk, her smile beaming like she was walking down the aisle about to marry Ryan Reynolds. Brianna was my best friend. We had know each other for only two years when she came in grade 10, but when she asked for a pencil I knew we would be close.

"So," She said as she sat down next to me, "You and Ace, huh?"

I almost choke on my sandwich, "What? Where did you hear that?"

She groaned, frustrated, "Did you not hear any of the whispers during class? You may have entered at different times but man girl was your face red."

I fell back onto the grass, "Nothing happened. Mr. Dalagon just had to talk to us about extra credit." I shrugged hoping she would drop the subject, but she looked at me, expecting more.

"So what do you guys have to do," She reached up to throw her long black hair into a messy bun. Brianna was one of those girls that looks put together but wasn't. She had the hair and the deep brown, soft eyes, but she was clumsy and uncoordinated. She was pretty but was overlooked because her flirty skills were non-existent.

I, on the other hand, was a green-eyed, brown-haired girl with a decent figure. Guys used to always hit on me, but when they realized I wasn't getting in bed with them, they walked away. Pigs.

I look at her, "We have to plan the Winter dance."

She squealed, "This is great! You must have fairy lights, fairy lights are a must. Fake snow too, and maybe you could have it fake snow!"

Soon students began to walk back inside to get to class and we followed behind. As we walked, I couldn't help but notice a black van with tinted windows sitting in front of the school.

~~~~~

"Auden!" I turn around to see a boy approach me. His chestnut hair styled to look unstyled. He wore a plain black hoodie and classic blue jeans. 

I had no idea who this guy was.

Brianna looked at me confused and I mirrored it back to her. 

The mystery boy approached, "Auden, hey how are you?"

My eyebrows rose at him, "Not to sound rude, but who are you?"

He chuckled clearly not understanding my confusion, "I'm Blake! Remember? We were neighbours when we were ten and would always hang out," He looked at me, his brown eyes seemed to darken to black and suddenly a memory flashed in my mind.

It was of a young me and a young looking Blake, watching a movie on my old couch. I was throwing popcorn at him clearly annoyed at a comment he made. He, on the other hand just laughed. Then it changed to another scene, this one of us at a park. Blake was pushing me on the swing and I kept insisting on going higher no matter how much he argued and whinned about his arms hurting.

I looked at Blake and felt a sense of clarity, "B?"

He smiled and opened his arms just in time to catch me as I embraced him, his touch feeling foreign but familiar all the same. Brianna continued to look at me like I was crazy while also drooling at Blake's appearance.

I broke the hug and looked at him with a smile, "So why are you here now?"

His smile widened past what I thought was possible, "I transferred here because my family moved back! I was at the office and being shown around for the beginning of the day. Then I saw you and thought I'd say hello."

"Well you are welcome to hang with us," Suddenly I remembered who was with us, "Oh, Blake this is Brianna. Brianna, Blake," I motioned for Brianna to come forward. Blake's eyes grew wide at the sight of her. Brianna was expressionless.

The bell rings through my ears and I realize we still had class, "I hate to break this up but we have to go to class. See you later Blake," I waved to him. I grabbed Brianna's wrist and dragged her away, leaving a waving Blake behind.

Soon Brianna looked at me confused, "What did I do?"

I just laughed which frustrated her even more.

"Auden! What's so funny?"

I began a little happy dance, "You like him. You like him. You really really like him," I sang over and over again.

She slapped my arm, "No I do not!" She pouted like a two year old.

I placed a hand on her shoulder, "Sweetie, tell that to the dried drool on your chin."

She reached up, to wipe it away, eyes like a deers in headlights.

I laughed as I skipped away to class.

A/N

Don't forget to vote and share if you are enjoying the story!

Byeee