Chapter Five

This is who I imagine as Ace. If you know who this is tell me. Please. I must know.

ps. I don't own this image so don't kill me for copyright.

On to the story 

_________________

I open my eyes to be welcomed with a figure looming over me. I search the face to find familiar grey eyes. Ace.

"How are you feeling?" His voice was filled with concern and some other emotion I couldn't recognize.

I sat up slowly, my head feeling dizzy with every movement I made, "Like crap."

He chuckled, his adam's apple bobbing up and down, "You don't look like it."

My ears perked up. Did he just, compliment me?

Soon I realize that my clothes felt damp and I see that we are outside where the sky was slightly crying.

Huh?

I look at Ace accusingly, "Why are we outside?"

"You don't remember?"

I shook my head, "Last I remember is going to Mr. Dalagon's class."

He nodded, "Oh, yeah I came to the classroom and we worked for a bit then decided to come outside because you said you were 'too hot.' It started to rain which resulted in you slipping and hitting your head." His words came out like a robot, like he was programmed to say the words.

"Really?"

"Really."

Ace stood and held a hand out to me, lifting me effortlessly off the ground.

"I don't know about you but I'm hungry so I think it's time we get chinese," He changed the subject as he straightened his black hoodie.

"Sure," I say as I look at the goose bumps covering my skin, envying his warm-looking hoodie and jacket.

He looks at me, studying my face then looks down then begins to take off his jacket.

I put my hands up, "What are you doing?"

"Giving you my hoodie. What else would I be doing?"

Standing there looking like an abercrombie model.

Shut up brain!

My head just shook, "No, you'll be cold."

Ace stopped and looked at me, "I'm wearing jeans, a shirt, a hoodie and a jacket. You just have a dress. So shut up."

I was lost for words as Ace continued to take off his jacket and couldn't help but stare when he took off his hoodie, his shirt lifting slightly to show his well-worked body. What I also noticed was a brief tattoo that seemed to trail around his hip to his back.

"What's your tattoo of?" The words slipped out before I could stop them.

He glanced at my face then quickly dropped his head and looked down at his hoodie that was now off and in his hands, "Don't give me that look."

"What look?"

"That look."

"I'm not giving you a look!" My voice rose, frustrated.

Ace just handed me the hoodie which I quickly slipped on, excited to me warm and cuddled by the soft fabric. I  sighed as the warmth touched my skin and his scent engulfed my senses.

He chuckled at my response as he put his jacket back on over his wet shirt, "Come on, let's get chinese."

Thoughts ran through my head as he led me to his car. How long was I out? What did he do what I fell? What chinese food will I order? How much work did we get done on the dance? I'm I hurt?

By instinct, I reach up to touch my head to feel... nothing. No bump, no soreness. Just my head.

We reach a black truck with a crack running down the center of the windshield and Ace walks over to the drivers side, about to enter, but he stops and notices my confused look.

"What's wrong now?"

I should have just told him what I was wondering but the whole situation seemed really sketchy. If he was apart of it I didn't want him to know I was on to him. That's right, I watch television and have some common sense. Whether it's useful common sense, I'll never know.

"I realized I don't have money."

Great excuse Auden.

He rolls his eyes, "I'm paying, so even if you had money I wouldn't let you use it." With that he jumped into the truck, leaving me dumbstruck by his bluntness.

Just as I was about to enter my phone rang, I put a finger up at Ace to indicate to wait and answered the unknown number. He just groaned and banged his head on the steering wheel.

"Hello?"

"AUDEN! How's planning going?"

The voice seemed familiar, "Who is this?"

A laugh came from the other end, "It's Blake, Brianna gave me your number."

I let out a breath when I learned it was someone I knew and not some creep telling me to turn around. I watch too many horror movies, "That makes sense. Planning went good we're just taking a break to get chinese."

"I'm not interrupting something, right?"

"Not at all."

Blake sighed, "Okay so I have a question. Do you," he was cut off when Ace honked the horn, drowning out the sound of Blake's voice.

I glared at Ace but then turned my attention back to Blake, "Sorry I didn't catch that, Ace is being annoying."

Blake's breathing halted, "Ace? Ace who?" His voice seemed scared.

"Ace Blanwell," I said wearily.

"I have to go, talk to you later." With that I was left with the buzz of a dead line and his frantic words repeating in my mind.

I put away my phone and entered the truck with a puzzled expression laced across my face.

Ace pulls the truck out of the parking spot, "Who called you?"

"My friend, Blake," I shrug.

He slams the breaks sending my body forward, "Did you say where we are going?" His eyes were wide, his whole iris was showing.

"Not exactly," My voice quivers.

"What did you say? Tell me your exact words."

I backed into the corner of my seat, slightly frightened by his tone, "I told him we were going for chinese."

He mumbled a few profanities before starting the car and going in the opposite direction of the only chinese place in own.

I was taken aback by his actions, "I thought we were getting chinese."

"Nope."

"Then where are we going?"

"My house."

________________

Like, share and vote!

Byeee!