Chapter Fourteen

We stood at the beginning of the empty field. 120 yards between us and the end. Ace stood with such confidence that I was a little scared. The whole thing was a joke basically, but if he could do it, it would impress me to a great extent. To be honest I don't think I can ever forget what he did and what happened, but I don't even know the why he did it. Maybe he did it for a good reason. Why couldn't I help but hope to see his good side, I'll never know.

He clapped his hands, "So what exactly are the rules."

I turn to him, "Rules? All you have to do is carry me."

His head went back along with his hair, "I get that part. I'm asking if I can carry you in anyway I want?"

Anyway he wants? I smirk, "Bridal style, so you can't look at my butt."

He groaned with a pout, "Really? Now this isn't going to be fun. So now I have to carry you like a Princess instead of a hungover barbie."

I scoffed and walked in front of him and faced him, "Don't call me Princess, I hate that name and everyone knows that. And for that comment you only have thirteen seconds."

Ace's jaw dropped, "But an average person can barely do it in twenty five."

I shrugged, "My trust is worth a lot."

"The fastest person did it in around twelve, and you expect me, a person who doesn't play football or any running sport, to do it in thirteen," He seemed to be really reluctant now.

"What happened to, 'I could run a marathon with you on my back and still win?'"

He put his arms out, "Let's just do this." I took out my phone and got my timer.

He picked me up and I wrapped my arms around his neck, my whole body feeling warm and every hair stood on edge. I nodded when I felt secure and my face was no longer red, "Ready?"

He nodded.

"Set. Go."

I hit the button and watched as he ran. There was barely any movement that I could feel and the world looked like a blur. I looked at the sky and watched as it looked like the clouds were trying to catch us. the grass had no texture but was instead solid. 

"Done," I was knocked out of my trance when I saw he had stopped. I stopped the clock and stared at the time in awe.

"Six seconds."

Ace smirked, "Really? Thought I was going way faster."

My feet touched the ground and I was silent as I looked down the field he had just ran. "Six seconds," I said again, not believing it.

He seemed unphased by the information and that he just broke a world record, "So you trust me now?"

I nodded slowly. How could I not trust him? He ran 120 yards, at six seconds, and didn't drop me. How did he do that? I'm not saying that I'm so fat I never thought he could, I'm just saying that that seems impossible. Inhuman even.

He grabbed my hand, shocks invading my arm, "Let's work on the dance now eh?"

I nodded for the millionth time and walked back to our table, hands still linked.

Brianna was always the quiet one out of us two. She wasn't the person that if you get to know her she would then be loud, she was just always quiet, no matter how comfortable she was with someone. I'm the only one she has ever really opened up to in five years. So I'm sure the surprise was evident when I saw her talking her lips off with Blake.

She twirled the loose pieces of her bun with her fingers, the flirty gesture not matching the conversation, "That doesn't seem very nice to say. You barely know him."

Blake leaned forward, "I just don't trust him, okay?"

I jumped in, startling them both, "Trust who?"

Brianna looked away, "Oh no one. It's nothing. No big deal. Just forget about it."

"You're rambling."

Blake placed a hand on my arm, "Auden, it's nothing, trust me."

I sighed and took out an apple, "Okay then. On the other hand you guys seem to be getting closer."

Brianna blushed but Blake spoke, "Oh it's nothing, Auden really. We've just become friends."

I looked to Brianna and instantly saw her face drop. She liked him, it was obvious.

I decide not to embarrass her and instead change the subject, "So, what do you guys think of Mr. Berkley?"

Brianna's face paled, "Honestly he scares me. How did he know who Ace was? People know of him but still not the whole town."

Blake shared a different opinion, "I think Mr. Berkley did all the right things. Ace was out of line."

I nodded to both of them, "Ace was out of line, but Mr. Berkley does set off an alarm for me."

Blake blinked, "Alarm?"

"Something just seems off about him. For example his eyes were a dark purple. Sure some people may have purple eyes but not that colour. That colour was paranormal."

Blake came closer and looked me in the eyes, "You sure you saw purple eyes?"

I thought back to the moment he told me to stand and follow him. This time when I saw his eyes, they were green, not a hint of purple. I looked at Blake, confused, "I guess his eyes weren't purple."

My best friend looked back and forth between us, "You guys are so weird."

I snickered, "Well what else would you expect from me?"

They both laughed while I took a bite out of my apple, juice squirting on my face, causing them to laugh even more. I tried to laugh along with them, but I could shake the feeling that something was off and wrong.

____________________

A/N Filler chapter but don't worry. Stuff is about to go down.