Chapter Sixteen

I opened the door to my house quietly and waved goodbye to Brianna. She drove me home after dropping Ace off at school as his truck was parked there. The drive to my house was all her rambling about our wedding that was for sure going to happen and that she better be my maid of honour. Honestly I think I'm in need of a honeymoon.

"Auden?" I entered the kitchen to see my mom stirring a pot of pasta on the stove. Her hair in a messy bun with large pieces falling out. "How was school honey?"

"It was good," I said as I sat down at the counter, "I got a dress for the dance."

She smiled, "That's nice. Say, you should invite your friend over for supper."

"Brianna? She would just go on and on about the dance and I've had enough of that for a lifetime," I say as I stand and fill a glass cup up with water.

Mom shook her head, "No, the boy, Ace."

"Ace?" I turn to her and take a sip of my water, slightly choking, "Why?"

"I just want to get to know him that's all. You seem close as you've been hanging out a lot. Even today for example."

I set down my glass looked up to see the back of her head, "Today?"

She turned around and looked at me, "Yes today, you went to the mall with him and Brianna."

I started to back away slowly, watching her weary gaze, "I didn't tell you I went to the mall, or even out with Ace." My mind flashed back to the phone call.

"Hi Mom," I said when she picked up.

"Auddy! What do you need?"

"Just wanted to tell you I'm going out with Brianna for awhile."

"Okay that's fine. I'm going to be home late anyway as your dad and I have have lots to work on."

"Got it, thank you. Love you Mom."

"Love you too honey."

I took another step back, "Didn't you say you would be home late?"

"What are you talking about Princess?"

My back hit the wall as I stared at her, "Who are you?"

The woman scoffed, "Who am I? I'm your mother Princess."

I was slowly making my way down the hallway now, "No you're not." She knew I hated being called princess, it has been that way since my 6th birthday.

"Yes I am!" Her nostrils flared as she chucked the hot spoon at me. I ducked just in time to see the spoon impaled into the wall, half of it sticking out on the other side. The lady approached me, picking up a knife in the process, "Auden, come with me." She reached out her hand, a wide toothy grin on her face, and I stared at her, not sure what I should do as I was trapped between the wall and a lunatic with a knife. Then her hand began to mutate to one much rougher like that of a males. Thicker hair began to grow on her arms and her whole body gained muscle and height.

The only thing that stayed the same was the purple glow in the human's eyes.

I watched in terror as the lady that looked like my mother, transformed into a young male. His skin a dark tan and his hair ebony. His clothes changed as well, instead of a business suit he wore all black.

His eyes were rough and I stared at him in horror.

"Don't make me hurt you Auden," He said as he moved closer.

My gaze left his eyes and went to the knife that was held in a shaking hand.

"You're shaking," I whispered to myself.

"Auden please," The young teens voice cracked at the end but the power was still present.

I slowly straightened against the wall and looked him in the eyes, "You don't want to hurt me. You're shaking, hesitant." 

Why was I being so confident? When did I get so observant?

He stared for a second then shook his head, his eyes brimming in tears. Soon his look changed back to the deadly expression he held earlier and he pranced forward, trapping me with his arm and pressing the knife to my neck, drawing a bit of blood automatically and sending a shiver through my body.

My breath hitched as he spoke, "You either come with me or you die, which is it?"

We were both breathing heavily in a silence atmosphere. The man's hand was trembling, shaking the knife and digging in a bit deeper in my pale flesh.

I tired to put on a brave face, "You don't want to do this."

He shook his head, "I don't want to but I have to."

My calm composure was shaking, "You always have a choice. Please don't make the wrong one."

I had no idea where these words were coming from. I didn't know this man nor how he morphed out of my mother. I didn't know where my mother was either but for some reason I was calm and the only thing on my mind was not getting killed by this teen.

"I-," He was cut off by the sound of a door opening. He was silent and swift as he placed a hand over my mouth, forcing me to taste it.

The pounding of my heart grew louder with every footstep I heard on the hardwood. My mind thought fast, not sure if it was someone that would help or harm me.

Sadly, I knew they weren't my hero when I heard their voice. "Auden," a female's voice spoke. It was the type of voice you would hear at a carnival, one a clown would have to taunt and scare children.

A girl came around the corner, dark purple hair flying behind her, "Seriously?" Her voice whined, "How did you beat me?"

The boy laughed, "I had a plan, unlike you Xena."

The girl, Xena, scoffed and slumped over to where we are, "Why are you holding her like that? She's weak, so just lift her, Seth. And put that knife away, we weren't sent to kill the girl."

While they spoke I took this time to really look at the two. From how they talked to each other and how similar they looked I justified they were siblings. I probably could have known that just by looking at their similar purple eyes. The only difference was that the girl's were darker and more prominent.

Seth groaned, "Fine, you're the boss."

She laughed and came closer, bringing up her hands to pinch his cheeks, "Thanks little bro."

"Little by five minutes." Seth released me but my moment of freedom was cut short as Xena quickly grabbed me and whispered in my ear, "Just be quiet, and you won't get hurt."

_________________________

A/N 

I know I said I'd update soon.... but I got lazy and didn't write for over a week. I'm getting back into it so hopefully things will get more scheduled. 

Oh and do you like the new cover? I think it's pretty cool. The artwork was done by Januz Miralles so you guys should go look at her stuff.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and share, it really helps me out.

Byeee!