Chapter Fifteen

Afterschool Brianna was at my hip, pleading in my ear, "Please can we go out! You're always busy with the dance but since you already worked on it today, we can hang out!"

I groan and push her away slightly as she was in my personal bubble, "I have to check with Ace but sure."

I watched as she did a mini happy dance not wanting to gain attention, "I'm going to get my car and bring it up, you find Ace."

After I nodded she ran off, her bun falling out. I laughed at her behaviour then walked back inside the school and headed for Ace's locker, hoping he would be there.

Deciding it was best to tell my mom, I pulled out my phone and dialed her number as I walked to his locker.

"Hi Mom," I said when she picked up.

"Auddy! What do you need?"

"Just wanted to tell you I'm going out with Brianna for awhile."

"Okay that's fine. I'm going to be home late anyway as your dad and I have have lots to work on as a building had a small fire and some files and property was ruined. The company is going pretty crazy and our right on our shoulders making sure we get them their money that's insured."

"So what time do you think you'll be done around?"

"We may not be home till 2 in the morning at the rate this is going Auddy."

"Got it, and thanks. Love you Mom."

"Love you too honey."

I smiled as I hung up and continued on my quest of finding Ace.

My shoulders relaxed when I saw him standing there, alone, on his phone. I smiled as I walked up to him, feeling giddy and nervous for some reason, "Hey Ace."

He slightly jumped at my presence, "Hey Auden, what do you want?" He sounded irritated.

I chose to ignore his attitude and just ask, "Just wondering if we are working on the dance today? Since we already worked first period I thought we could take a break today."

"We took a break yesterday."

"For a different reason," He glared at me for bringing it up, "I just wanted to hang out with my friend Brianna. Why don't you hang out with your friends."

His eyebrows raised and he looked around, "I don't have friends."

I cock a brow, "None?"

Ace shrugged, "Don't really like people."

"But I'm your friend. You like me right?"

He bent his head down, "Depends on how much makes it valid. Also, are you saying I should hang out with you and your friend?"

My hands went up, "No, I was just giving a-"

He closed his locker, "It's settled then. I will hang out with you and Brooke, my new best friends."

"Brianna."

"Whatever, same thing."

I huff, "We're going to the mall."

"I love shopping."

I popped my eyebrows up, "Really?"

He shrugged and put on his jacket, "Well yeah, I need more clothes for you to wear," He winked and put an arm around my shoulder, leading us out of the school.