Chapter Six

"No."

Ace looked at me for a second then turned his attention back to me, "What?"

"I'm not going to your house," I crossed my arms.

"Too bad."

My eyes widened, "You cannot kidnap me."

"Auden," he stopped at a red light and looked at me, his gaze focusing on everything but my eyes, "Just trust me."

I leaned back in defeat, "You better make me food."

He laughed, his dimples on full display, "Don't worry, I make a mean grilled cheese."

______________________________________________________________

"Winter's Night."

"What?" Ace's voice startled me when I returned from the bathroom.

"We should call the dance a Winter's Night."

I sat down at the counter where we had been brainstorming ideas for the past hour. His house wasn't anything special. It was a simple two story surrounded by trees in an older part of town. The house was cosy with the warm-toned lights and many blankets littered about. Most walls were bricked and completely bare of any photo of his family. A complete opposite of my own family's house and it's modern interior.

The kitchen was a dark brown with a wood looking countertop. The dark appliances helped add to the cabin-like feel.

I turned to Ace, "Why Winter's Night."

He scoffed, "Because it's for winter, and is at night. Not exactly rocket science."

I rolled my eyes, "Well I'm sorry I'm not able to read your mind."

The dark-haired boy laughed a nervous laugh.

The atmosphere grew quiet so I broke the tension by pitching one of Brianna's suggestions, "Do you think we could make it snow?"

He looked at me like I was crazy, "Yeah, sure because I can control the weather."

I rolled my eyes, again, I swear if I roll them one more time they will fall out, "Not real snow. Fake snow, like they use in the movies."

"You know what," he wrote down a few things, "that would actually not suck. I think this is the one good idea you have had all day."

I playfully go to smack him, but he grabs my hand to stop me. The action sended warmth throughout my arm, spreading to the rest of my body.

The world slows down. We look at each other and Ace begins to move closer. My breathing hitches and he reaches out tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. Then he takes his thumb and traces down my jaw to my lips, he then does a quick wipe then pulls away, leaving me red faced and breathless.

"You had some cheese on your face," he turns away and the room is silent again.

Sound joins again when my phone goes off, displaying my mom's contact.

"Hey Mom," I smile.

"Hi Auddy, I'm just calling to say that your father and I are going out and won't be back till later tonight, probably around one. So could you ask Ace if you could stay longer?"

I nod then realize I'm on the phone and she couldn't see my action, "Yeah, I'm sure I could stay." Then a thought crosses my mind, "Wait mom-"

"I have to go, bye sweetie love you," She hangs up.

I pull the phone away from me like it's a bomb and stare at it like it just disappeared.

How did Mom know I was at Ace's house?

"Auden?" Ace pulls me out of my thoughts, "Why does it always seem like something is wrong with you?"

"Did you tell my mom I was with you?"

He looked shocked, but it quickly changed to a knowing look like he knew a dirty secret and was about to spill the beans, "Well yeah. When you went to the washroom she called. So I told her what was going on."

Most girls would be terrified that their mother knew they were alone in a house with a boy. Not mine. She seemed to love the idea of me dating and would always force me to go to dinner to meet a colleagues son. All of which were snobby, rich brats. Which makes sense because my mother and father both worked with a insurance company that did all the insurance of wealthy companies.

I nod.

"She is quite the character."

My eyebrows rose.

"She was squealing about how she wanted grandchildren so badly and how happy she was that her daughter finally did it. I just didn't have the heart to ruin her dreams and correct her on the real reason we were here."

My eye narrowed.

"She went on and on about how she wanted two or was it three? No, must have been four grandchildren and she was happy you were getting started early. As then you could be one of those hot young moms."

"Ace," my voiced lowered.

He viewed me with a devious, playful expression on his face.

"What?" he smirked.

"Shut up before I stuff a grill cheese down your throat."

He leaned closer, "Really? I don't think you have it in you."

"Don't get cocky now."

I could feel his breath, "Stop me," his eyes flickered to my lips and he bit his own.

I froze and he continued to move closer. At the last second he turned his face slightly and whispered in my ear, "Auden."

I nodded.

"Stop me."

I drew back my face and for the first time in a long time we looked each other in the eyes.

"Stop me," He said it again, this time with more force.

I was too muddled to move. Suddenly he roughly grabbed my arm and looked me in the eyes again and squeezed. His grip grew tighter and tighter and soon I started to feel pain.

"Stop, Ace."

Instantly, he froze, his grip loosened and he relaxed back in his seat.

All of a sudden he slammed his fist down onto the table, then he got up and stormed outside, slamming the door behind him.

I glanced at my arm to see a bruise already starting to form.

He just... He... What was...

One part of me wanted to go and talk to him and see what was up, the other wanted to just go home. My parents were out so I couldn't go home so there was only one option.

Talk to Ace.

_________________________

A/N 

A long eventful chapter.

What do you think is up with Ace?

Like, share and vote!

Byeee