Chapter Twenty

Ace beginnings to fight against the guards arms but they hold him back, sitting him of the stool and tying him up. I run to the edge to try and get closer to him.

Ian slow claps, "Now that the reveal is over and done with. How about you lift that little tiny apple. Wouldn't want to see poor little Ace get hurt, do you?"

Tears brim in my eyes. If I can't lift this apple, he gets hurt, and it will be my fault.

I nod and turn away, hoping that I can calm down and lift the apple.

Nothing.

"You are useless!" Ian yells, the noise causing me to whip around and watch as he brings down a whip, which had suddenly appeared in his hand, onto Ace's back, cutting the fabric of his stained shirt. I watch in horror as Ace screams, his body convulsing and his breathing getting heavy.

"No!" I reach forward to stop him, but the force field stops me.

The menacing man's finger went up and moved back and forth, "Uh-ah. Don't want another cut to appear on his fragile back."

I breathe through my teeth and close my eyes, calming my heart.

I can't do this. I think I'm going to be sick. My stomach turns at the thought of Ace. His back dripping with red liquid. Scars forever there to remind him of the pain I caused him. I caused.

"You can do this Auden. Imagine the apple lifting, be visual in your mind. Think of everything around helping to lift up apple. I believe in you." The small voice from before said.

I turn to the apple that seems to taunt me again, closing my eyes, and imagine it lifting off the ground, the air coming around it to lift it up, like a helping hand. Particles becoming more solid to act as a platform for the red fruit.

Slowly I open my eyes to see the object floating in the air. I smile at the achievement and let out a loud exhale and turn to Ian to see no change to his expression.

"Good. Now lift this chair," Suddenly a chair takes over the space previously occupied by the apple.

I stared at him, "I lifted the apple, isn't that enough?"

He didn't respond, sending a silent answer.

I took a breath and did the same as the apple, envisioning more particles than before to lift the chair. I thought of them surrounding the legs, giving it support as it rose.

Nothing happened

I shook my head, "I can't. It's too much for me. Too much to fast."

Ian just stared at me for a few seconds, almost like he was inspecting me, which is what I assume he was. He brought his hand up and pointed to Xena, who gladly stood up. He then pointed to Ace and snapped his fingers. She nodded, seeming to understand his vague directions, and walked toward him while Ian stepped behind some guards.

Ace retracted in his small seat, trying to get as far from her as possible.

She stood in front of him, staring down at him like he was trash left on the ground.

I walk to the edge confused on what was gonna happen next.

I wish I had stayed back.

Suddenly Ace's face contorted into one of extreme pain, his mouth opened wide as he screamed. All his visible veins showed as he twitched. His face paled as he collapsed on the ground in a heap of madness. Muscles flexed on and off again uncontrollably in erratic ways. The normality of his grey eyes disappeared as they took on a bloodshot look, the iris and pupil rolled back into his head. Yells of agony and mercy filled the glass closed room. Red oozed from his ears and came down, mixed with tears.

It looked like he was dying.

"Stop!" I project as I run towards him. Xena's eyes left Ace's body and turned to me and Ace instantly calmed down. She looked confused but her jaw dropped when I jumped on top of her and began to hit her in any way possible as I just flung my limbs around, hoping to hit her eventually.

Soon she regained composure and easily shoved me off. I stumbled back and stood waiting for someone to hit me for my actions.

Everyone was still.

A slow clap broke the silence.

"Well done, Auden. Clearly you have more strength than you are showing us," Ian walked out from behind guards, his hands still moving in a sort of sarcastic manner. "You lied to me Auden."

I cocked a brow, "What? What do you mean I- I lied?"

He laughed, his cracked teeth showing. He approached in a way that looked like he was gliding as his cape covered his trail. Once he was close enough he brushed the hair behind my ear, "My dear, dear Auden," Eventually his breath was touching my ear as he spoke, "You have much more power than you said. Turn around,"

I looked at him wearily and turned and saw the stage, the forcefield still intact. I wasn't on the stage. How did I pass the barrier?

"So, Auden, how'd you do it?"

I shook my head and saw him again and spoke as he stood face to face, his breath misting over my own, "I don't know, I- I didn't even know I-"

"Liar!"

Blackness.

_______________________

A/N

Its been awhile, but here's another chapter. Some backstory will be revealed in the next chapter.

Thanks for reading and supporting and don't forget to comment, share and vote!