Chapter Eighteen

I always thought that if I was kidnapped it would be on better and more realistic circumstances. For example it would be a ransom of money from my family, or a werewolf claiming I'm his mate; clearly those aren't happening. Instead I wake up off of a cement floor with a pounding headache that feels like a really bad teenager punk rock band is forever playing in it and surrounded by cement walls and a cement ceiling.

The colour choices are exquisite.

The space is small and cramped, like a tiny house minus all the windows and cool pullouts. On the wall was a bed frame. There's a mattress as well, but I'd rather not sleep on mold, maggots and some other substances I'd rather not describe. It barely even looked like a mattress. It was more comparable to a few strings of fabric and enough cushion to fill a small teddy bear. In fact, it's probably more mold than mattress. On the wall across sat a metal toilet, hopefully I won't be here long enough that I'll have to use it.

Tears fell down my face as I pushed myself against the cold wall. I stared at the small red light on the ceiling. How was this real? They claim I have magic but the closest thing to magic I've ever done is a tiny card trick that worked 50 percent of the time. How was I supposed to help this freak take over the world when I've never been out of the country? The whole situation is crazy to me.

I close my eyes, hoping this is just a nightmare and when I open them, I'll be back in my room, listening to my mom crack terrible jokes about the weather.

Sadly, I didn't wake up.

I'm going to die in here.

"Auden! Auden where are you?"

A male's voice rang through my mind, the surprise causing me to jerk and fall onto the ground.

I looked around, waving my head around trying to find the source of the voice; finding nothing.

How long have I been in here? Barely a day and I'm already going crazy and hearing voices?

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud groan from the door. Light dispersed throughout the room and a figure emerged. His chestnut hair and brown eyes, told me exactly who this person was.

"Blake."

I pressed my body against the wall, trying to create as much distance possible from me and this man. Blake stature was dark but sympathetic. His clothing was casual, just some slightly ripped jeans and a plaid shirt. In all honesty he resembled a lumberjack. I imagined him with an axe in his hand and instantly shrunk even smaller, terrified with the image.

He examined my body with his eyes and took a step closer, "Auden, don't worry."

I shook my head and squeezed my eyes shut.

Blake was suddenly right in front of me, a hand on my cheek, "Auden, it's me."

My eyes opened and bare into his as I put on a brave face and spoke, "I don't know who you are anymore."

Tears brimmed in his eyes and he placed both his hands on my shaking shoulders, "What are you talking about Auden? It's me, Blake. Your childhood friend."

"I know, I know. I'm just scared, confused. Why are you with them? Those terrible people."

He looked me in the eyes, "Auden, they are good, don't worry. Ian can be a little crazy but he means well."

"Little?"

He laughs, pricks poke against my skin, "Okay a lot."

I sigh and lean back relaxed, "What does he want from me?"

"He wants you to help the world be a better place for everyone."

"How?"

He places a hand on my leg and rubs circles, the action making me slightly uncomfortable, "Imagine a world with one leader. No wars, everyone would be united. That's what Ian wants. Total world domination."

I shake my head, "That's insane.

"Maybe," Blake gets closer and his hand moves up.

I place a hand on over his. I meant to do it to make him stop but then a vision appears in my mind, all the images he previously showed me when he met were reverted back.

The image of us watching a movie and throwing popcorn, changed to me and Brianna. Us on a swing changed to me with my dad. I never met Blake until a few days ago. 

I threw his hand off of me and stood, sending him sprawling onto the ground, "You lied."

He shook his head flabbergasted, "What are you talking about?"

Standing overtop of him I gained confidence, "We were never childhood friends. I met you for the first time less than a week ago."

He reached forward as he stood up, "Auden."

"No," I smack his hand away and a deadly look shines in his eyes.

"Don't hit me."

I step forward and slap him in the face, sending him back to the floor, "Or what?"

His eyes turned black and he flung out his hand, sending my body into the cement wall, aches ran through my body as I hit the floor.

"Don't test me Auden," He brought his foot back and kicked my right rib cage twice. I screamed for him to stop but he grabbed the collar of my shirt and brought me up to his eye level. "Because trust me, I can do a whole lot worse," with that he tossed me effortlessly into the wall again, my head hitting first.

The last thing I saw was him walking out of the door as he cracked his neck and knuckles.

_____________

A/N

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!

Byeee