Chapter Eleven

I could hear him calling from behind me but I refused to look. I was confused and frustrated at the same time. Truly, I had no idea what to think anymore.

"Auden! Just wait!" His footsteps were closing in on me.

I turned around, my brown hair whipping behind me. I stared at the boy who had stopped to look at me, he looked so lost and upset.

"Auden, just tell me what's wrong," He step forward, I stepped back.

"What's wrong?" I scoffed, "What's wrong is that you don't tell me anything, act like we're dating when we talked for the first time yesterday. Don't forget that you basically strangled Mr. Dalagon with no hands. Might I just add that I know something fishy happened yesterday as I had no injury on my body what-so-ever when apparently I hit my head hard enough to cause memory loss!" I felt salty water drip down my face. Ace was silent, speechless, so I kept going, "You make no sense! You basically live alone, and don't think I didn't notice you have no pictures of your family at all! Then I hear you talking on the phone to someone about how you want to 'bring me in!' And then right now when I was called an 'assignment!' Please, explain to me what is going on!" My face was beat red and Ace stayed stunned.

"I-, Aud-," He shook his head, his hair waving like the water in a storm, "I can't explain."

"Then goodbye."

I ran out the school and saw the football team having practice. The sight brought on a strong wave of deja vu, but I shook it out of my head, not wanting any more trouble in my head. I knew I would have to talk to him sooner or later because of the dance, but for right now I just wanted to get my mind off of him.

"Hey Blake," I said when he picked up my phone call, "Think you would still be up for catching up?"

___________________

"Are you serious?"

"Does it look like I'm kidding," Blake pointed at his goofy smile. I threw a balled up napkin and he just laughed when it untangled and fell right in front of me.

He took a sip of his milkshake and moaned, "This is probably the best thing I've ever had in my life."

I sat back, taking a sip from my own, "Well then you must have never had a good milkshake."

"I'll be honest and say this is my first milkshake."

I spat out my drink, "This is your first ever milkshake?"

He continued to drink, "I just thought I wasn't missing out on anything. Clearly I was wrong," His straw began to make a sound and he stared at it with a pout. After putting it back on the table he looked back at me, "So I have to ask, why did you suddenly want to hang out with me?"

"It's not like I didn't want to hang out with you. I just thought I had to work on the dance but Ace and I kind of had a fight."

His expression hardened, "Why do you talk to Ace?"

I shrug, "I kind of half to as I have to plan the dance."

Blake leaned forward, "How about I help with the dance? At least so you won't be alone with him for hours a day."

I smile and nod, "I'd like that, thanks."

He smiled at his seat then shifted his weight slightly as he looked up again to view the mini diner we had found, "I have something else to ask," I nod encouraging him to keep going, "It may be a lot to ask."

I groan, "If it's not illegal I think I can handle it. Now get on with it," I playfully hit him from across the table.

His hands when up in surrender, "Okay woman, no need to get violent," He took a deep breath, the mood turning serious, "I don't want you to hang out alone with Ace anymore."

I squint my eyes, "Not hang out with Ace? You've never even talked to him." Why was I defending him? I was mad at him.

Sure, you're so mad and happy he's gone. I haven't thought about him at all when talking to Blake.

So I was thinking about Ace the whole time I was talking to Blake. It doesn't matter though because it just doesn't. I was just thinking about him because I'm angry and scared.

"I know but I just don't like him," Something flickered in his eye that caught my attention.

"Don't lie to me, Blake."

His face went pale and his hands suddenly started to shake. His head went down but I could tell something was wrong by the way his neck was fidgeting and flinching.

"I knew Ace before I came to school."

I shook my head in disbelief, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Blake shrugged, "We didn't get along and I didn't want to hurt your guy's relationship if it was really close."

I scoffed, "From how you reacted when I told you I was hanging out with him yesterday, I think it's more than that."

He looked at me with sad eyes, "Can we not talk about this right now? I'd much rather just drink another milkshake."

I laughed, "Fine, but don't think you got away from this conversation."

____________________________

A/N

Not the happiest with this chapter but, oh well, not everything can be perfect.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to like, share and vote!

Byeee!