Chapter Ten

A/N

Brace yourself for a bunch of chapters as I realized I needed 10 000 words for my story to be submitted to the Watty's

______________

"So where were you first period? You seem to be getting in a bad habit of being late now Aud," Brianna chewed on her celery, her face showing her disgust for the vegetable.

I groaned, "I just slept in. No big deal," I grabbed her lunch bag and took out a celery for myself.

She smirked like she knew a secret, "Then why are you wearing the same dress as yesterday and a guy's jacket."

I fell back onto the grass and looked up at the sky. "My parents weren't home so they asked me to stay at Ace's house," I spoke like it was no big deal.

Her eyes grew wide, "So you're telling me you spent the night at Ace's house?"

"That's what I said."

Brianna started giggling viciously and rolling on the wet grass at the same time. It was at that moment Blake approached with a horrified expression.

"Please tell me she's not possessed," His voice snapped Brianna out of her trance and she quickly composed himself, pressing her striped shirt down with her hands.

"Oh, hey Blake," She pretended no event happened earlier.

An emotion crossed Blake's face, his normal smile, flickered into a slight frown then perked right up like it had never fallen.

I break the silence, "Okay, what's up Blake?"

He turned to look at me, his brown hair looking messier than when I saw him yesterday, "I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out after school Auden, so we could catch up."

To be honest I would love to catch up with Blake, but by the look on my best friends face I knew she was hurt that she wasn't invited. Even if I wanted to I couldn't because I still had to plan the dance with Ace. Since there was only two of us I knew it would take longer than expected.

"Sorry Blake, but I have to work on the dance with Ace today. Maybe another time," He looked down with a look I first saw was sadness, but then saw how his ears burned red and his nostrils were slightly flared.

"Okay another time," And he left without looking up.

I turned to my fidgeting friend, "You like him don't you?"

Brianna dropped her head, "Yes okay!" She confessed, not bothering to cover it up, "But you didn't have to lie to him to make me feel better."

I shook my head, "I didn't lie though. I truly have to get this dance done. If I don't, I may not graduate."

She slapped my arm, "You may not graduate! We are going to get this dance done, and it's going to be the best dance ever put on at Prestbury High."

I chuckled, "Whatever you say Bri, whatever you say."

____________________

By the end of the day I was exhausted. Mainly because it was school, and school is tiring.

I find Ace talking with Mr. Dalagon after school inside of his classroom. Ace was leaning over the desk staring Mr. Dalagon in the eye while he shouted at him, the screams could be heard from down the hall. Mr. Dalagon was calm and silent, just sitting in his chair, listening while twiddling his thumbs.

"I almost slipped John! She was able to stop me and then almost got the whole secret out of me! She's getting stronger and she doesn't even know what she is doing!" A vein was popping out of Ace's neck.

Mr. Dalagon looked unimpressed, "Then you need to stop her. If Auden stays in the dark, she may never ever realise what she can do."

Keep me in the dark from what? I was compelled to interrupt and demand answers, but my inner voice screamed at me to let them continue and eavesdrop instead.

"They already know it's her so she's going to be in danger no matter what," Ace placed a hand on his head and began to pace, "I don't think I can lie to her anymore, John."

The slightly chubby teacher groaned, "Don't be telling me you're starting to like her now. She's just an assignment. Your assignment."

The pacing teen stopped and slammed his hands on a desk, "I can't control my feelings. I'm sorry John, but I can't."

"Then maybe someone else more qualified should continue your task."

Ace turned to look at him, "I'm the only one strong enough."

"Clearly not seeing as how you're acting."

His look changed to that I imagine a murderer would have, "I'm not leaving the case."

"That's not your choice to make."

Ace glared at Mr. Dalagon then thrusted out his hand, his fingers pointing at the teacher in a squeezing form. His eyes pure concentration.

Mr. Dalagon stared, his face growing red and purple. He reached for his neck and began to grab at an invisible force. A gagging noise coming from his throat.

Ace spoke with a tone I've never heard, "I'm NOT leaving this case. Got it?"

His hand slightly relaxed, relieving some of the strain on Mr. Dalagon's neck.

"Okay! Okay! You can stay on the case!" He managed to croak out. Ace lowered his hand and leaned on the desk, his head in his hands.

I let out a breathe I didn't realize I was holding. The exhale was loud enough to attract the attention of the two men. Ace eyes were hard, but quickly softened when he saw me and my white, pale face.

He reached out and I flinched and covered my face, not wanted what happened to Mr. Dalagon to happen to me. "Auden?"

I ran, not looking back.

Who was Ace Blanwell. No, what was Ace Blanwell.

________________________

A/N

WHATTTTT?! What just happened?

(I'm kidding I know what happened, I'm the author, I control their lives)

Thanks for reading and don't forget to like, share and vote!

Byeee!