Chapter Four

The final bell rang and I rush out of class to Mr. Dalagon's class. I knew being late to the first session in hell wouldn't be good.

Within two minutes I'm inside the class looking at Mr. Dalagon's chuckling face, "Eager beaver I see? I'm heading out so I'm expecting you to stay here."

I smiled shyly and sat down, taking out my laptop ready to write down all the ideas I had discussed with Brianna. Well, all the ideas she gave. When my neck started to ache from looking down for so long, I glance up to stretch and see the windows covered in water.

So the forecast was right.

I check the clock and see it has already been an hour. Suddenly my eyes widen as I look around to see no Ace. That jerk thought I would do all the work! I'm sure Mr. Dalagon won't be happy to hear Ace skipped the first day. Don't think I'm rude, I just don't want to be punished for his actions. I groan and pack up, making up my mind.

Right when I'm walking out, a figure stands in my path.

It was Ace.

His hair was dripping wet from the rain outside, soaking his clothing making it stick tight to his body. His hands are shaking as he grabs my shoulder and looks at me in urgency. His cold hand spreads warmth throughout my body.

Without saying a word, he grabs my wrist, pulling me out of the room and down the hall. He's moving too fast that I don't have time to ask what's going on. After a sharp turn he shoves me in a closet and closes the door behind him. The small space forcing us to be pressed against each other. He looks down at me, the cracks in the door creating a strange pattern of light on his face. Reaching up he puts his finger up to his lips and stares into my confused green eyes.

The before hot room turns cold in a matter of seconds, a cloud of depression. My teeth clattered against each other. Ace peers at me, watching my clattering teeth. It's at this moment I curse myself for wearing a small blue skater dress. The sound of my shuffling feet clearly bugs Ace as he reaches and embraces me, my body suddenly filled with warmth, his scent following. He squeezes, sending hot waves through my body.

My ears perk up when I hear footsteps and murmurs from behind the door. As the voices grow in volume, I could eventually make out words which was surprising since my heart was beating so loud.

"See him?" A deep, gruff voice says.

"No, find the girl?" A girl speaks.

"No," You could hear the defeat.

"Headquarters won't be happy."

"They're never happy," she snaps back.

A crash is heard and I close my eyes, waiting for the door to open and for us to be exposed. Instead, I heard the shuffle of feet.

"You hear that?"

"Yeah, I'll go check it out, you stay here and patrol. Keep your glasses on," the deep voice says and footsteps grow quiet, leaving us with the girl.

Ace looks down at me and let's go hesitantly, then creaks open the door just sliver. The movement happens so fast I cannot comprehend it. One moment we're inside the closet the next outside. Ace pushes me to the hard ground and I slide into the corner, turning to watch the action, eyes wide. Within seconds Ace has the lady in a headlock, mouth covered, her stiff bun was coming undone to show long black locks, her dark tinted sunglasses on the ground with a web of cracks covering them. He flipped her around and stared into her eyes for a second then threw her limp body into the closest, locking it in the process. He grabbed me and pulled me away, sprinting through the school's back doors. No screams were heard, the whole event was silent.

We exit, still in a run, to see the football team continuing practice as usual and the last of the students who stayed late leaving. He pulls me behind a pillar and pushes me against the wall, trapping me with his arms. I'm not sure if it was the adrenaline or him being so close that made my heart race.

Eventually I make out words, "What just happened?!" My eyes squinted in anger and confusion, "First you don't come to help plan the dance, then you show up and drag me into a closet. Next thing I know you're throwing a dead body in a closet and we are running again. Who are those people and who are you?"

"She wasn't dead."

"That's beside the point," I jabbed my finger at his hard chest.

"Auden," his lips moved and his breath hit my face, "Look me in the eyes."

I reluctantly looked, afraid he would see how nervous I was as I had just screamed at him and he was more than capable of killing me. When I saw his eyes I saw the grey from before, but the gold was growing. The flecks grew and twisted, became strings of gold wrapping themselves around his pupil, making them shine with an intense amber light. The movement sent me into a trance.

My vision grew blurry, "Ace?" My voice was weak.

Last thing I remembered was falling and being caught in his arms, taking one last look into his eyes to then be welcomed to darkness.

A/N

Don't kill me, I just love cliffhangers. 

I wanted the beginning to be a little fast but don't worry she won't be pregnant by chapter seven.

Don't forget to vote, share and like!

Byeee