Encourage▫️Chapter 16

▪️◾️y/n's POV◾️▪️

I was in the bunker with one of my private students. I teach her separately because she has a past that makes her uncomfortable with other kids.

"Okay Heather let's try it again." I murmur to the small girl. (Sorry if that's your name) I sensed more people. I look around and realize that they are in a room with one way glass.

(Pretend there is one.) Charles probably has the avengers in there with him, meaning I can't use my other powers. I sigh.

▪️◾️With the Avengers◾️▪️

We met with the schools director in his office. "So, what are we doing now sir?" Steve asked. "Well, you can come and watch our teachers work with the students." He says and makes his way out of the room in his wheel chair. They all stood up and followed him down many hall ways.

They entered a small room with a glass wall. "In here, I can observe the teachers while they work with the students. Right now h/n is working with a student she teach privately. Heather's mutation is fire wielding." Charles explained. They nodded  and turned to look through the window.

H/n was kneeled in front of Heather. Charles pressed a button, letting them be able to hear what was happening inside. "Come on Heather. You can do it." H/n encouraged.

Heather nodded and held out her hand. She took a deep breath and created a tiny ball of fire in her hand. She tried to make it larger but it just disappeared. She sighed. "I can't do this." She said sadly and buried her face in her hands.

H/n gave her a sympathetic look. She took out her phone and started playing kudu and singing along. 

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
You can be amazing
You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug
You can be the outcast
Or be the backlash of somebody's lack of love
Or you can start speaking up
Nothing's gonna hurt you the way that words do
And they settle 'neath your skin
Kept on the inside and no sunlight
Sometimes a shadow wins
But I wonder what would happen if you

Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

With what you want to say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

Everybody's been there, everybody's been stared down
By the enemy
Fallen for the fear and done some disappearing
Bow down to the mighty
Don't run, stop holding your tongue
Maybe there's a way out of the cage where you live
Maybe one of these days you can let the light in
Show me how big your brave is
🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

She sang. Using some of her siren powers to give Heather some confidence. Heather smiled and held out her hand. H/n also smiled and held heathers other hand. Heather took a deep breath and created a ball of fire. "You can do it. Believe in yourself." H/n encouraged and spoke kind words.

Heather closed her eyes and urged the ball to grow. When Heather opened her eyes again, the ball of fire was twice as big as when she first created it.

She got rid of the ball and smiled happily. She wrapped her arms around the woman kneeling in front of her. H/n smiled and hugged the young girl back.