I Was Afraid~ Chapter 36

"What the hell?!" Bucky yelled.

"H-hi..." I whispered.

Stoic faced, Clint speaks up. "I swear to god, if this is a trick, I will shoot whoever is behind this ten times over." Tears pricked my eyes and I let out a brief chuckle. I have my arms wrapped around my torso as a sort of way to comfort myself, and as though it could protect me from any harm.

"Impossible..." Bruce murmured, clearly shocked.

"Clearly not." I reply with a small smile. Before I could react, Wanda tackled me in a hug, closely followed by Clint, Bucky, and Bruce. Vision slowly joined while Loki stood back, rolling his eyes at us. After everyone broke off, Bucky returned to hugging me as we have been best friends for several years. I laughed and hugged him back, seeing Pietro in my peripheral vision with his arm crossed.

"You were dead. You were severely harmed and you took that damn poison. You had no pulse. How?!" Wanda almost yelled once Bucky and I let go of each other.

"I don't know. I was technically dead, but I woke up at Xavier's School for the Gifted." I say.

"That is where we found her." Tony spoke up and I nodded.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Bucky asked, slightly offended.

"I was afraid." I replied quietly as I began to wrap my arms around my torso again but Pietro grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. The other's eyes flickered from my and Pietro's hands back to my face as Bucky spoke.

"Afraid of what?" He asked still mad. Wanda put her hand on Bucky's shoulder, trying to calm him down but it didn't work.

"That you guys would be mad at me for siding with Hydra. With my father. I was afraid you guys would never look at me the same. I was afraid that if I joined you guys again, it will all just happen again and I would be pulled back to Hydra's side again." I said sadly, making Pietro grip my hand tighter.

Bucky's angry features melted and his muscles relaxed."We could never stay mad at you and we would never let that happen again. Ever. We will never let you leave our sights again." He spoke softly as he pulled me into another bear hug. I let go of Pietro's hand and wrapped my arms around Bucky and buried my face into his shoulder, a single tear sliding down my cheek