Chapter 15: Warming Up

"And one two, three, one, two, three and.." our physical education teacher, Mr. Gay, kept on blabbing about. Though, it was pretty obvious that nobody listened to him.

Everybody was busy and bothered by keeping up with the damn song.

"So, um, Sherlin. How are you?" Anderson talked, breaking the silence between us.

I raised an eyebrow, based on my research this guy really hasn't fallen in love at all and girls really don't find him attractive, "Not great."

He gulped, "Uh, did I do something wrong?" he looked at me nervously.

I blinked and grinned, "Don't worry, its not you but," I felt my eye twitch as I looked at Eric who was dancing gracefully.

Damn he's good. Eric carries his partner well and they both look good. As if they are the only ones here and they own the dance floor.

Anderson seems to follow my gaze, "Are you jealous?"

I grimaced, "No. I actually like it better here with you."

I returned my sight to Anderson.

He blinked and looked down, "Oh."

We danced on and on the corner of my eye I saw Eric's partner, Lisa Scarlet, spazzing. She looks as if she was about to pass out.

Well that's amusing. Eric really has a way with the girls.

Well most of them.

We continued with our little dance practice for our J-night and everybody also started to buzz about the clothes they'll wear.

"Sherlin, do you want to have lunch with me?" he offered, but he was kinda nervous when he asked.

Seriously? He's like a wimp.

I raised a skeptical brow, "Do you really want me to come?"

He turned away and looked at me again, "I'm not sure. But that's why I'm inviting you."

It took me a moment to consider his invitation, but I agreed anyway.

Days passed like this, and Eric doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

I mean, I'm not bothered at all. Eric doesn't come near me and bother me. It seems he already found something else to keep himself occupied besides from pestering me.

Right now, Anderson and I decided that we both buy our clothes together for tomorrow night.

I really didn't want to bother myself about this but I came along anyway.

Though I don't know why.

We were at the mall when I saw Luke enter one of the boutiques for men. Anderson didn't seem to notice so he went in the same place and I followed.

"I'll try these out," he showed me a couple of suits and I nodded dismissively.

"Hey Kate! Why are you here?" Luke tapped me by the shoulder.

"Buying clothes," obviously.

He looked at me confused, "You cross dress?"

He earned a smack from me, "I'm with someone."

Luke smiled, "Ooh. Eric?"

My face screwed in disgust, "Anderson."

Luke whistled, "That explains it."

"Explains what?"

"Meh. You're so insensitive little Kate," he chuckled and shook his head.

"Hey!" I called out but Luke already went out.

"Is this okay?" I turned to Anderson.

Well he looks good, then an idea came to me.

"Pay for it, hurry." I commanded.

He blinked and followed. As soon as he paid for it I took him and ran to the nearest salon.

"Make him look like a chick magnet," I told the stylist and she nodded happily.

After a few hours a new Nathan Anderson went out, "Um.."

I grinned, "Perfect!"

I paid for all the expenses which was worth it.

Now all I need is a girl.

I finished picking out my dress. It was nothing grand. Just some frills and a big bowed belt by the side.

After a few hours of going around we both decided to go home.

"Hey Kate," he paused, "Is it okay if I call you by your first name?"

"Yeah," I said I sipped my slurpee.

We were walking on our way back.

"Then call me Nathan," he said as he smiled. "Kate, you're actually not as bad as they say. You're awfully nice."

Nice?

Well that's something you don't hear about me every now and then.

He exhaled, "Gosh it feels great to be your friend."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "Just because we're doing the first name basis, it doesn't mean we're friends."

Nathan slouched, "Y-Yes ma'am."

I shook my head and surprisingly I found myself smiling, enjoying the day better than I had expected.