Chapter 25: Little? Troublemaker

“Finally!” I stretched out my arms and opened the windows. The sunlight peered in and its rays touched my face. It felt so good.

It’s already summer, and everything just seems perfectly still.

I heard two soft meows from below and I looked at Snow and Lucky who were rubbing their little heads on my feet.

“Alright, alright, I’ll give you both you’re milk,” I chuckled and I walked downstairs and the two little fellows followed.

I started feeling light at the heart, Eric was behind that and I was glad.

I could feel my heart tingle in excitement. I felt excited for the countless possibilities.

I wondered when the last moment I felt happy was.

I took a bottle of milk from the fridge and poured half of its content in a bowl and placed it in front of the two little kittens.

“Here you go,” then I caught a glimpse of my black notebook on my counter.

I was about to reach for it when someone knocked at the door.

“Just a minute,” I twisted the door knob.

“Oh it’s you,” I frowned; well this is how I usually greet him.

He giggled, “Hello my little flower,” Eric smiled like a dog.

I raised an eyebrow, “Gross man. What do you need?”

He pouted playfully, “Can I come in? I wanna see Lucky.”

I sighed exasperatedly and stepped aside, letting him in and I shut the door.

“Lucky! Oh?” Eric knelt in front of the two kittens who were grooming themselves.

They finished drinking their milk, that was fast.

“The other one’s Snow,” I said as I took the bowl and washed it in the sink.

“Oh? Where did you get her?” he asked as he caressed both of them, a hand for each.

“A little girl gave her to me,” I sat on a stool and watched him.

“Oh?” he chuckled as he was being licked by the two.

Ugh, the kittens are going to have flu or something.

Then another knock came.

“Were you expecting someone today?” Eric said, I heard a hint of disappointment in his voice.

“No,” but I stood up and opened the door.

“Oh, hello Eris,” I greeted her; she smiled up at me and was wearing a little orange summer dress. I let her in, “Snow’s in the kitchen.”

She came to visit Snow and this is her first time.

“Thank you Kate!” she ran all the way. The kitchen wasn’t hard to find anyway.

“Oof!” I heard a bump, like something was forced down or something.

I went in the kitchen and gaped at the scenario in front of me.

Eris was hugging Eric tightly and he was sitting on the floor, probably from the impact.

“Uhh,” I scratched my nape.

“Oh hello,” Eric laughed, “Is she your relative Kate?”

I shook my head, “She’s the girl I was talking about. She’s Snow’s owner,” I explained, but now I think she’s more interested with Eric than her cat at the moment.