Chapter 18: Sports Up!

Sports day is one of the many events I really don't enjoy.

And this year I might actually hate this event even more to the fact that I'd curse the one who invented this in the first place.

Oh bloody hell the reason's pretty obvious! And hell yes Eric is involved in this matter.

"Okay, the next representatives to be taken will be for the paired up relay," our year level representative, Sharmey Kingston, said as the secretary scribbled on her paper.

"Any nominees?" she queued.

I sighed in my place at the back, avoiding communication which is rather impossible with Eric by my side.

He's like a puppy following me everywhere!

"I vote for Sanders and Sherlin!" I snapped up and saw who spoke... Luke?!

Luke winked at me as he grinned nastily.

There was a deafening silence.

What the heck is he thinking?!

Sharmey smiled and nodded at the secretary who scribbled on, "Okay, any other nominees? Or shall we move on?"

I saw a hand raise up.

Well that's a relief, I'd die if Eric was to be paired with me in a stupid game.

"I close the nomination!" when I saw who raised his or her hand, it was Nathan!

"The heck? No way!" I protested, "Shouldn't there be other nominees for that?"

Sharmey grinned, "Well that's for the mob to decide," she winked and turned to everyone, "So, who's in favor for this pair?"

To my great surprise everyone, except me, raised their hands and they all started to go wild and it was a ruckus.

What a disaster.

What have I gotten myself into this time?

* * * *

"Hey Kate! Could you help me design the booth for our class? I heard your'e good with designs," a random classmate of mine approached me in a wide smile.

Isn't she afraid? Knowing this person, I'll be the last person she'll want to talk to.

"Um, its okay if you don't want to," she said shyly because I didn't answer her request.

I shook my head, "Its okay. I don't have anything to do anyway."

She giggled, "Yay!" then she pulled me to the booth.

The rest of the day had been busy. People kept pulling me everywhere for help.

But that's not the big problem.

Its the fact that these people are not that afraid to come near me now.

Before, I was just all left alone as they let me do as I please. But now, they're trying to socialize with me.

Me, Kate Sherlin who's known to be fond of controlling people like damn puppets.

"Eric! Help me out here!" I heard a voice said. As I heard his name it sent me on wonder.

I turned to look at him.

Is Eric Sanders the reason?

"Hey Katie," my classmate giggled.

I raised an eyebrow.

"You like Eric huh? You're staring at him!" she teased.

My eyes widened, "Mind your own business."

But instead of being scared she ended up giggling even more.

I shot a glance at him again.

Is Eric changing my life?

I decided to divert my attention to my work. There's no point in thinking like that.

* * *

"You're changing," Eric said as he sat beside me on the bench which I occupied all alone earlier.

I decided to play a little bit.

"What shall I change into?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

He raised an eyebrow in question and after a second he grinned, "Oh I don't know, you choose from my categories."

"And what are those if I may ask?"

"Hmmm, lets see, there's the innocent type, cute type, goth, punk, violent..." he trailed off as if queuing me for my response.

"So what's your favorite?" I looked at him in the eyes playfully and grinned.

He smiled playfully and looked up, "Well I already like the way you are but if you'd like to, I'd also love if you turned your sexy side on," then he lifted my chin and was about to kiss me when I spilled the whole Coke can's content on his head.

"Pervert!" I said as I stood up and smirked.

Even though he was going to be sticky and now he's all dirty Eric laughed heartily, "Oh my, Kate Sherlin are you flirting with me?" he grinned.

I froze.

Oh damn, am I?