Chapter 34: Distracted Away

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

“Ms. Sherlin we need you here!” a staff called out to me.

“Ms. Sherlin what about the lights?” another shouted over.

“Sherlin the models have some requests!” and another one.

The problems or other matters just kept coming, not just here in the venue but over the phone as well.

It was understandable since we only have two more days left before the real game starts.

But due to too much work I couldn’t even eat or sleep properly. I could feel the heavy bags under my eyes.

As I approached another staff that needed my attention someone ruffled my hair and chuckled, “Don’t work yourself out too much Sherlin.”

I turned and saw Mr. Kitazawa smiling at me, he still looks perfect and composed. I took his hand off my hair and I fixed it, “It’s my job sir,” I retorted, I could hear myself being exhausted.

He frowned and his fingers circled around my eye, “Have you even slept?”

He was ignoring my retort and I shook his hand away, “Excuse me but I am needed elsewhere,” I turned my back from him but he caught my arm and pulled me.

“Everyone, we’ll have a thirty minute break!” he said and everyone sighed in relief. I only shook my head and he grinned, “Let’s go.”

“H-Hey! Where are you taking me?” I tried to shake off of his grip but he was far stronger than I am.

I ended up being dragged into a café near the venue.

When we went in, the ambiance was very soothing which made me feel all dizzy and I felt my eye’s get heavier.

For a second I lost my balance and I end up grabbing the nearest thing to me, Mr. Kitazawa’s arm.

“Sherlin, take a sit,” he took a firm hold of me and he guided me to our table. It was on the far corner so no one could interrupt us.

“Thanks Mr. Kitazawa,” I said and sat down. I shook my head. I have to stay awake!

He just smiled at me.

A middle aged woman approached us, “What would be your order?”

Mr. Kitazawa looked at me and I just said, “Black coffee please.” The woman nodded but Mr. Kitazawa waved his hand and looked at the waitress.

“Madame, my companion hasn’t eaten any proper meal for several days. Do you have a full meal? Something healthy,” he smiled seductively which made the waitress blush and nodded.

“Of course and what would you want sir?” she was stammering.

Mr. Kitazawa chuckled, “Same as with hers.”

The waitress nodded, her face was red as a tomato, and she ran and almost tripped on her way to the kitchen.

I clicked my tongue and shook my head at Mr. Kitazawa who gave me a questioning look with a grin on his face.

“Hm?” he hummed at me and placed his hand under his chin.

“You really have a way with women,” I commented as I grinned back at him.

He laughed, “Apparently it doesn’t work on you,” he looked at me.

I rolled my eyes, “Please, I’ve met too many of your kind.”