Chapter 37: It's Official

“Kate over here!” Eric waved his hand at me. I finally arrived and Eric was there to pick me up.

I raised my hand in acknowledgement.

Before I took my leave I had a celebratory dinner with my parents and the whole company, of course Omi was there.

He came along with my parents to take me to the airport and he gave me a light pat on the head before my flight was called.

I left my parents there, hoping that one day, we’ll be able to patch things up.

“So how was your trip?” he asked when we were already in the cab.

“Boring,” I shrugged and closed my eyes. I think I’m feeling jetlag right now.

Then I felt Eric placed his arm around my shoulder and he let me lie down on itr.

I turned and opened my eyes, “Hey…”

“Rest,” he smiled at me and I felt myself blush. I sighed and let myself rest on his shoulder. I couldn’t deny the fact that I felt a bit happy when he did that.

“So what are we doing here?” I asked him when he placed a bowl of popcorn in front of me.

“Watching a movie,” he giggled and sat closely beside me.

I rolled my eyes, “But why in your house?” I asked and took some popcorn and started munching it.

“Cause its fun,” he chuckled and did the same.

The moment I placed all my stuff in my house he pulled me all the way to his house just to watch some movie.

Sighing exasperatedly I leaned my back comfortably on the couch, “So what are we watching?”

“The vow,” he said and prepared everything. The film was starting.

“Oh, you haven’t watched this yet?” I asked as I sipped some soda from my glass.

“Not really, I just wanted to watch this again with you, that’s all,” he said happily and placed the bowl on his lap, enabling us to reach it easily.

“Hmm,” I just nodded and focused on watching.

The Vow was a simple movie where the girl lost her memories from the moment she met her one true love and the guy was trying his best to help her remember it all.

As the movie progresses, the more it seemed impossible for the girl to remember.

“Gods, it still hurts to watch this,” I heard Eric sniff.

I turned to see him, “You’re crying?” I asked bluntly.

He pouted at me, “C’mon, the guy’s being broken and all,” he continued to sob.

I just stared at him and nodded, “Well it was the girl’s fault for removing her seat belt in the first place. And also, why would she even want to do it in a car?” I sighed. Sometimes, I don’t understand what these kinds of girls are thinking.

“Even in movies you’re still mean,” Eric tried to laugh but he just continued to cry like a baby.

I shook my head as I sighed, “Decide if you’re actually going to laugh or cry stupid,” I placed his head on my chest and hugged him. I know it’s not that serious but I just wanted to comfort him.

Eric giggled, “Thank you Kate,” he snuggled his face on my chest.

“Hey, are you still going to watch or what? And are you taking advances on me just because I let you lay your head on me?” I frowned at him. Eric’s still a guy after all.

But he just giggled, “I’m watching,” and he turned his attention to the screen and so did I.

In the end the girl never regained her memories but she fell in love again with the guy.

The fun thing was the movie actually taken from a true story and they currently have two kids or so.

“Well that was it,” I said and then I looked at Eric, “You fell asleep?” I said softly and sighed. His face looked so calm and his breathing was even.

He was the one who pushed me into watching and yet, he fell asleep, great.

I just continued to look at his sleeping face and I caressed his hair.

‘Hey Kate. We’ll always be together okay? So don’t be afraid to be happy.’

I blinked. An image of Eric smiling at me somewhere and saying that flashed in my mind.

Wait, what?

I heard Eric groan and shuffle, “…Kate? Oh did I fall asleep?” he asked and rubbed his eyes. He looked adorable when he did that. His sleepy eyes looked at me.

‘…Eric did we meet each other before? I mean before you transferred to my school?” I asked.

He blinked at me, “Hmm? Maybe,” he shrugged playfully.

“Oh,” I whispered and looked at my lap.

His fingers brushed my cheek, “Does it bother you so much?”

I shook my head, “No, I just thought…” I shook my head again and grinned, “Never mind that.”

He kissed my fingers, “You can tell me anything okay? I’ll make sure you’re happy,” he smiled at me.

I nodded, “Sure,” then I took his hand as I remembered what he told me before, “You’re still leaving?”

He smiled bitterly, “I have to, but I promise I’ll see you soon.” When he said that, a fear of never seeing Eric came to me.

What if after he leaves he would never come back?

Or what if he does come back, but he’s someone different?

I started to have these thoughts which started to eat me.

Eric leaned towards me and kissed me on the cheek, his arms around my waist, “If you still doubt me, I’ll let you know that I’d do anything for you. Promise.”

Promise, it was a sweet word yet it had a heavy meaning to it, “If you put it that way,” and I wanted to believe Eric if he promises.

“Good girl,” he chuckled against my neck and he looked right into my eyes for a long moment. He didn’t say anything.

It felt a bit weird so I looked away but he held my chin in between his index finger and thumb, his other arm still hugging my waist, and made me look at him, “Eric…”

He smiled kindly and he slowly closed his eyes, his face nearing mine.

I closed my eyes and felt his lips on mine, then his tongue made its way inside my mouth, “Eric,” I gasped for air and I felt his arm tighten around my waist.

He kissed me again, it wasn’t rough but his tongue played feebly inside my mouth. I tried not to move my tongue but in the end it ended up being twisted with Eric’s.

It was sweet and I felt my body grow hot, “Eric,” I mumbled and pushed him away, but my hands started to shake.

But he got my message, “I almost lost it,” he pulled away and lay down on my chest, grasping for air.

I was breathing for air, “Stupid,” I mumbled and he just laughed.

“So Kate,” he looked up to me and I raised an eyebrow at him, “We’re official right?” he smiled earnestly.

I blushed, “Y-Yeah,” I looked away a bit embarrassed.

We were an official couple. And Eric had half a year left. I only have less than six months to be with him.