Rosinante: I promise

Rocinante let a rumble be heard from his chest as he walked down the streets of this new island his brother had decided to set their base at. He was taking a walk right now because he wanted to stay away from those devilish children, who just enjoyed his clumsiness. He sighed. If he just weren't such a klutz, maybe he wouldn't be as harsh with them. 

Lost in deep thought, Corazon didn't pay much attention to the corner he was rounding right then. Apparently, he should have. It was too late when he accidentally bumped into someone, sending them to the ground. He scowled, but his expression softened when he saw who was now lying on the paved floor. 

"I-I'm sorry!" You squeaked, looking down. "I wasn't watching, it's my fault, sir." Corazon obscured his gaze and and shook his head. He took out a note and wrote quickly, supporting the paper on a wall.

'It was me, don't worry.' You tilted your head to the side, letting some unkempt (H/C) locks fall graciously. Standing up, you patted your skirt clean, now refusing to look at him.

"You can't talk..." You muttered, although it was loud and clear for him to hear. Nodding his head, you beamed up a smile bright at him. "That's interesting!" He chuckled soundlessly, but then turned around and waved a hand over his shoulder as a very silent goodbye. You reacted immediately. "W-Wait, please!" 

When he turned around again to face you, he smiled at the confused and innocent expression you were wearing. You almost looked like a lost child. That remembered him of... well, you weren't a child at all, that's for sure. 

"O-Oh, well..." You blushed when you realized your sudden outburst, you didn't even think what to say before that. "Um, sir... can I have your name?" The blond arched an eyebrow, but ended taking out another note and wrote your sudden request. "Donquixote Rocinante... So you're the brother of Donquixote Doflamingo? A pirate?" You couldn't help but gasp. You had just bumped into a dangerous pirate. Just great. 

'I don't intend on murdering you, so don't worry.' Said the note he wrote. It was actually funny how he had to stop and support on the closest wall in order to write whatever he wanted to say. Although sad too, it had to be difficult...

"That's a relief." You chuckled nervously and bit your lip. You didn't know, but felt sad at the thought of him going away. "Oh, yeah! I run a flower shop. You can come any time. Since you're so nice, I might even make you a special discount, I'm (Y/N), by the way." You chimed with your best smile and Rocinante nodded, a ghost of a smile gracing his painted lips. "It's in this street, between the fruit market and the bakery." He nodded again and chuckled, again without sound, when you stayed looking at him for too long. When you realized, your face became to color of his cap, and you turned around. "S-Sorry for being such a silly girl. Hope to see you then, Rocinante..." 

Corazon was on a mission right now. The pirates they had decided to steal to were now completely beaten, and their treasures belonged now to the Donquixote Family. While some members spent time counting the money, talking or fooling around, the blond young man was sitting on a chest, lighting a cigarette. 

Baby 5 and Buffalo didn't take an eye off him, anxious to witness another ridiculous act of clumsiness. However, it didn't happen. Much to the children, and probably the entire crew's, surprise, Corazon didn't burn himself down. Despite the lost glint in his eyes, he seemed to be a bit less of a klutz.