Sabo: Those faces you make

"I still can't understand how you manage to do this to yourself." Sabo muttered, finishing with bandaging your arm, and you couldn't help but smile sheepishly as he kept scolding you. This situation occurred really often, much to your embarrassment: you would accidentally get injured, and Sabo, in worries that you wouldn't be okay (even if it ends up being a small cut), would offer himself to treat you.

"I guess I'm that clumsy." You stared at the white bandage on your arm, reaching to touch it, but only resulting in a hiss from your lips at the slight pain. "How comes that you're actually good at this?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, turning to look at you softly. You knew he couldn't help being worried, but it wasn't a big deal actually; it was so very sweet of him, truth be told. You looked down and pointed at your treated wound.

"Healing." You muttered simply. He looked up at the dim light that showered the room, then walked towards you, sitting down next to your own resting form. You swear you saw a ghost of a smile spreading over his soft lips, and his eyes reflected a far-off look for a brief instant.

"I used to get into trouble when younger." Sabo hummed softly, and you tilted your head in curiosity. "Many times I had to treat my wounds, so I'm quite used."

"Oh..." The blond boy noticed the sadness in your voice, and looked at you with confusion written into his seemingly innocent orbs. 

"Is something the matter?" He asked softly, and you shook your head with a small smile in vain attempts of washing his concern away; it didn't work obviously. "(Y/N), I know something's bugging you. I need to know what it is. Does it still hurt? Are you injured anywhere else?"

How could you be wounded on another part of your body? It had only been a small burnt when using the oven, and you couldn't even understand why it was the upper part of your arm the one affected; however, you knew it was, still, the only one. 

"I am perfectly okay, Sabo. Thank you for worrying." You paused for a moment, lifting your head to stare into his eyes. "But I can't stand when you get so worried." You whispered with a soft blush. You were supposed to be used to this kind of moments with your boyfriend, but you still couldn't come to avoid the redness as you talked to him honestly, overall about your feelings.

"Why is it? Of course I get worried when something happens to you." He retorted lowly, reaching to stroke a lock of hair behind your ear. "I want you to be completely safe." You rolled your eyes, trying to look annoyed, but it was impossible while coming from your purely timid face.

"But it's because of the face you have on when you look at me if I get wounded. I don't like being injured, but I hate it even more when you wear that expression." Sabo looked at you with what seemed like bewilderment for a moment, but grinned widely the second after, bringing surprise to cover your previous sulky mood.

"So... do you prefer it when I have... this face on?" He asked then, sticking out his tongue and pulling on his curly locks to give himself a hilarious look. It wasn't a lot, but it certainly got you laughing at his fool actions; stupid faces he made in order to see your own smile.

"You look silly while doing that!" You could see the faint blush on his cheeks at your comment, but Sabo really didn't seem to mind.

"Then... what do you think about this one?" The room kept being filled with laugher with every second, coming from both, your and Sabo's throat; the latter being played as a silent chuckle. Times like this also happened a lot, and that was something you loved about the blond dork.

"What did a klutz like me do to deserve you?" You whispered, hugging the boy suddenly, but carefully in order not to hurt your own arm even more. He stopped making weird faces only to let an honest and loving one bloom, lightening his features at your innocent question. He chuckled again and slightly ruffled your hair, enjoying the small pout added on your expression.

"I should be asking that, now shouldn't I?" You lifted your hand to scratch your chin softly. Then, you snapped your fingers, almost startling the young man.

"Nope!" A blush made its way towards your cheeks as you realized about your sudden outburst, but you continued talking, lower this time. "I think you really need love, and that's why I'm here." As a response, you got a throaty chuckle from Sabo. You puffed your cheeks. 

"At least you don't drown me with 'love' like Koala does." You giggled, knowing that the older girl always was so worried about him and his fearless attitude. "You really are something for me." 

"Don't say something like that, idiot." You muttered lowly, looking at your lap. He shook his head, suddenly pulling you down onto the bed with him, action which achieved to drag a gasp from your throat. "W-What are you doing?"

"What? You said you would give me love. Besides, I know you love cuddles." And he was right, not that you dared to admit it with words, but as you submitted to his warm embrace, you knew they weren't necessary.