Rosinante: Never enough

The calmness of night was something Law never came to understand. Sometimes it managed to soothe him, if he was lucky even lull him into sleep with the gentle rhythm of the waves. However, other nights the silence made him feel lonely. He had always been, he realized. And he knew vengeance wouldn't be as satisfying as he had thought. It wasn't. Now that Doflamingo was taken down, he verified it.

What was he to do now?

That night was another of those terrible nights were he wouldn't be able to sleep due to those dark thoughts. He found himself outside of the huge ship that would be taking them all to Zou. It was a starless night, darkness overwhelming and engulfing him. The sound of water crashing against the wooden surface wasn't helping him, and he knew far too well to expect it to.

Usually, on these nights, he liked imagining how his life would have been if Cora-san had survived. How different it all would have been. As much as it pained his heart, and increased his anxiety, it was his guilty pleasure.

That night, however, he didn't feel completely lonely. It was really late in the night, even early in the morning, the party having ended barely hours ago. And yet when he knew he was alone on deck, he and his thoughts, he didn't feel alone. He was not, at least not completely.

"You shouldn't have done that..." Law jumped startled, looking around, but finding nothing. He sighed, massaging his temples and thinking it was just his imagination. "I told you to live your life free, you didn't have to come back to Doflamingo..."

"What...?" The voice was back again. He felt a shiver when something soft, almost ethereal, seemed to seek place onto his shoulder. He recognized that voice, and that touch, as surreal as they felt. His breathing hitched unnoticeably as he turned around slowly, what happened to be a hand slipped from his shoulder.

And he saw it. Him.

Blond mess of tresses, sickly white complexion, dark eyes and a goofy smile. Law almost fell down at the sight, his heart skipping a few beats at the sight.

"It's been a while, Law!" He had muttered, voice echoing slightly. "I've missed you so much!"

It couldn't be. His eyes were as wide as plates as his body started shaking. Had he fallen asleep and was dreaming? Maybe it was just a joke from some crazy crewmember... But no one really knew about Corazon.

The blond man frowned then, receiving no answer from the other paralyzed man. However, soon enough, Law's hand appeared to be getting nearer, hesitantly, towards his form. Corazon stared at the tattooed hand, eyes narrowing at the inked words on his digits.

"Those are some strange tattoos." He commented jokingly, not wanting to upset nor shock his beloved 'son' any further. Although Law's surprise was meeting no boundaries already. Finally, his trembling hand came to touch the man's arm. Flinching softly, as if he had expected the form to vanish or even his fingers to come through it, he grabbed it, feeling a pulse beneath; slow, soothing, gentle, what he was looking for. "I'm so sorry for the delay, but I finally found a moment to come and pay a visit... So... Hel-" Before he was nearly tackled to the floor by a very impressed Law.