Sabo: Birthday wonder

He hadn't slept at all. His usually round and cheerful eyes were duller due to lacking much needed slumber. But the reason weren't the exams and tests that were to come during the next weeks, signaling almost the end of the term. No. It was rather because a very special person's birthday was coming up.

March 12th was in three days, (Y/N)'s birthday. The special day that would only belong to Sabo's crush. And, yet, he couldn't come with any good present to match all those years of a friendship that ended up blossoming as love, at least on his side. Oh, and uncountable times of passed notes in his younger days. 

Sabo didn't know if (Y/N) loved him back, but he wanted her to feel cherished and loved by him, even if she just considered his acts as friendly and nothing more. That's why he had been awake for seven hours straight, constantly pondering on ideas for gifts, but ending up discarding all of them.

So, coming to a conclusion that he supremely tried to avoid (but given the situation it was no more than his only and last hope), he decided to ask for some help to his crazy friend, Koala.

The next day, upon getting to his classes, he didn't need to say anything in order for the brunette to ask him why there were slight dark circles under his eyes. She was a very watchful girl, especially when it came to Sabo. He even got to think that she loved him, but the idea was soon shoved away when he confessed his newly discovered love towards (Y/N) to her... and she agreed to help him make her his.

"Sabo-kun." She called, sitting down next to him, and opening the text book before the professor had even arrived. "Is everything okay?"

"I ran out of ideas, Koala." He sighed, looking around; his eyes widened when he realized that the girl who constantly attacked his thoughts, and won over them, had sat by her usual seat, also preparing her things for the class that was about to start. "It's almost her birthday." He whispered, looking away when the girl noticed his stare and decided to smile at him.

He missed the worry as (Y/N)'s lips were pulled into a thin line, however, when he avoided her (E/C) gaze.

"Is that so..." Koala dragged her words, sighing as the man about to start the lesson wrote something down on the large blackboard. "Let me think, I'll definitely come up with a great idea!" 

Break time came eventually, but Sabo had told his siblings, Ace and Luffy, that he wouldn't be staying with them that half hour. He wanted to talk to Koala about the subject in hand. (Y/N) was also in that group, and the sudden evasion on Sabo's part started to concern her.

"What have you thought about?" Sabo asked lowly, hoping that it wouldn't be any crazy idea. This is Koala we're talking about, after all. She scratched her chin and smiled widely, like a Cheshire cat would. 

"We could throw a surprise party. My place in three days, whaddya say?" The blond man sighed, shaking his head gently.

"I had thought about that, but do you really think we can prepare a surprise party in three days?" Her smile would have widened even more if possible, and she winked at him.