Rosinante: Finally free

You saw everything. Everything you had always feared became a reality. You desperately blinked back tears as Doflamingo pulled the trigger, shooting Rosinante several times before the younger blond collapsed on the ground. The purity of the white snow was tainted with the crimson liquid that leaked from the beaten body of the man you got to love. 

It's been some years since you last saw Rosinante. The moment you were assigned to be under Tsuru-san's commands, leaving him, you realized your feelings towards the male marine. But it was too late. And you would be lying if you said that you never thought about him, because every night an image of him would pop into your mind, of the times you accomplished missions together, the times you would laugh when he fell, burned himself down, and how you would heal him afterwards. 

However, one night you stayed up late to make sure there wasn't any enemy in sight. That night... you would remember it always...

· ~Flashback~ ·

It was so calm. The dark clouds passed by like fishes swimming through the navy blue, starred sky. There was anyone close, be it friend of foe, and a pleasant silence inundated the marine ship. You sighed, letting your shoulder slump down as the shotgun dangled from your fingers. It was so boring, yet the constant calm reminded you of his Nagi Nagi no mi. 

You missed him... so much. 

However, there was a negligible chance that you would see him again, filling the void you had felt since you both pulled apart. But that didn't mean that you couldn't daydream from time to time, when you weren't doing anything important. When you were about to fall asleep, you would fantasize as how he will confess his love to you when you meet again... some day. 

Your thoughts were interrupted when your best friend, (F/N), came running towards you. You met her when you first came here. She was so kind and understanding that you became friends almost immediately. You would always stand by her side, and knew she would stand by yours as well. 

"(Y/N)!" She halted in front of you, and looked down at her right hand. "We found this message onshore. It has your MC (marine code)." With an arched eyebrow, you took the message from her hands and curiously examined it. Your breath hitched as your hands slightly clutched the piece of paper. 

"MC... 01746..." And your eyes widened, not quite believing this. "Rosinante..." (F/N) barely heard your whisper, and looked worried at you. She flinched, however, when you snapped your head towards her. "Have you read this?" You asked, and were glad that it sounded soft. You knew (F/N) was kinda sensitive. You yourself were sometimes too, that was another common trait.

"No." She said firmly. "You know I would never pry over something personal." She stated with a gentle smile, which you returned, before wearing a straight expression. She understood this as a 'Please, leave me alone' and, saluting, turned around and disappeared into the darkness, leaving you all to yourself once again. 

Your eyes softened while you stumbled backwards until your back met one of the wooden walls of the ship, and let yourself slip down into a sitting position. A nostalgic smile played on your lips as you finally decided to read the content, feeling slightly happier than you had in a while.