Kid: Cute (1)

Your ears were filled with laugher, loud chatter and clinking sounds. You looked around to see every crew member drinking and having a good time in the bar you were currently at. You couldn't help the smile that crept to your lips as they made such a ruckus, beer flying sometimes, followed by a random man. 

A sudden laugh excelled over the rest and you looked to your left, where your captain was sitting. His laugh was raspy, rough, as well as his personality. Eustass Kid wasn't known to be the nicest man all over the seas, at all. He was able to frighten anyone with a simply glare, you knew it more than well. For something you had to get used to his rude behavior... and fall in love with it. 

·~One year ago~·

"What may I get you?" Asked politely the shopkeeper as you entered the blacksmith, since you needed a new pan. You smiled sweetly at the chubby woman as you approached the counter.

"I would like a medium sized pan, please." You reached for your pocket and took your purse out. As you were gathering the necessary money, the doorbell rang, but you ignored it. Then, an imposing presence stood next to you. You looked at the newcomer from the corner of your eye. He was wearing a black shirt with white motes, light blue pants. His wild, long, blond hair came out of a strange blue and white mask that covered his face to the sight. 

"Need something, young man?" Asked the woman and the newcomer nodded, as you tried to ignore him. How could you not? He was Killer, a Rookie, first mate of the Kid Pirates with a bounty of 162.000.000 berries. 

As you already had your things in the counter, you left the money there and got out of the shop, humming your farewell. Then, when you were finally out, you had the marvelous luck to bump into someone. Your face buried in their fluffy coat as your body went completely limb. You pulled away and looked up to see a face you have seen quite often lately, on the newspapers, of course. 

Red, flame-like, hair with a pair of goggles on it, intense orange eyes, pale skin and dark-painted lips that showed a frown. Yep, Eustass Captain Kid, with a bounty of 315.000.000 berries. And you just bumped into him. Just. Great.

"Look where you're going." He muttered glaring down -and so down, he was so freaking tall!- at you. You looked down, feeling intimidated by his harsh behavior. He was a pirate, and a cruel one. You heard him let a raspy sigh out and you looked up, shyly. "Where the fuck are you, Killer?" He asked through gritted teeth and you stayed there thoughtful until his voice dragged you back at reality. "Hey, what are you doing there. Get out of my sight."

"Well, I wouldn't mind the idea. Though I actually know where is your first mate." You said sarcastically and Kid's frown deepened as he looked at the shop you had just come out from.

"He's in there, right?" He sighed and your mouth fell agape. Weren't violent and sadistic pirates supposed to be stupid?

"No, not at all." You lied, knowing that you were practically throwing your own life through the window. Lying to a pirate wasn't exactly the thing a sane person would do, but he had pissed you with his rude attitude. "He went deeper, into the town." He looked at you suspiciously and then at the direction you were pointing at. With a sigh he turned around, about to advance when a voice stopped him.