The Luna Motel

I pulled up to the Luna Motel in my sleek black BMW and opened the door to the car as if I were in an action movie. My hood covered most of my face, but I could still see my surroundings, including the pair of girls giggling in the lobby. Once I entered, the girls stared at me with confusion. One of the girls wore a blue and black plaid shirt, black jeans, and black converses. The other had blonde hair in a slick pony tail, and wore a white dress, a light blue chest-length jacket, pink leggings, and blue high heels. I pulled off my hood to reveal my dark brown hair, and paced to the front desk, but no was in sight behind or at the desk.

"Can I help you?" the girl with the white dress asked me.

"Oh, yeah," I spun around walked up to her, "I'm looking for Mitch Hughes…"

"Mitch?" the girl with the blue and black plaid shirt questioned, "Melody and I are in a couple classes with him."

"You go to the University of Washington?"

"Yep. I'm Avery Lunar. My dad actually owns the motel." Avery shook my hand, "And you are?"

"Um…" I didn't want to reveal my real name in case they told Mitch before I got to him. I bit my fingernail, "Demetria Cardinale."

"Nice to meet you, Demetria, or can I call you Demi, cause you know, Demi Lovato."

"Uh, sure." I hesitantly smiled.

"This is my roommate Melody. She's awesome."

Melody, the girl in the white dress, waved at me. I slowly waved back.

"Why are you looking for Mitch?" Avery asked.

"Him and I are old friends. I ended up in town and wanted to see if he remembered me."

"Okay. I know he's here now. He walked back from school a couple hours ago. Luna, Jerome, and Carter are probably with him."

"Jerome?"

"You know him too?"

"Yeah, the three of us were friends. And who are Luna and Carter?"

"Carter is Jerome's fiancé, and Luna is Mitch's girlfriend."

"Huh?"

"Are you not updated on their lives?" Melody queried. I shook my head in disappointment. But I was happy that Mitch had moved on from me when I died.

"I can bring to you his room, if you want," Avery told me.

"Sure," I replied, my head drooped down.

Avery took the lead, Melody by her side. I followed behind, not too close to the other girls. We walked past at least thirteen doors until a girl's voice shouted Avery's name.

"Avery!" A girl with dirty blond hair with light blond high-lights, and her left eye was icy blue and the other leaf green. She wore a black monster cat T-shirt and jeans.

"Kitty!" Avery hugged the girl, who I suppose was Kitty, "Long time no see! How's your Youtube channel going?"

"It's great. I've got forty-thousand subscribers in six months!"

"That's awesome. This is Melody, my roomie." Avery glanced behind herself at me, "And that's Demi. She's here to see Mitch."

"Cool…" Kitty stared me down and returned to Avery, "I'm staying in Washington for summer vacation. And what better place to stay at than the Luna Motel?!"

"Yay!" Avery clapped her hands in a preppy motion, "Let's finish leading Demi to Mitch and then we can have a little reunion."

"Okay!"

Avery and Kitty linked arms, Melody loosely hanging on. I rolled my eyes at the young ladies being young for their ages. They all seemed around 18-20, with Avery being the youngest. But they all looked nice, although their first impressions towards me were a bit off.

We arrived at a door labeled A3.

Avery looked back at me, "This is your stop. Thank you for visiting the Luna Motel. Goodbye!" She ran off with Kitty and Melody.

"Well then…" I placed my hands on my hips as I watched them leave.

"Are you here for the party?" a familiar male voice asked from behind me.

"No…" I turned around to recognize Adam's face. My eyes widened in shock. His did the same.

"R… Ray?"

"He. I'm back." I shook my hands in a cheesy "jazz hands" movement.

Adam raced up and hugged me, "I'm so glad you're okay! But it's been more than two years! How did you even come back?"

"I honestly have no idea, Adam."

"Mitch has no know that you're back."

"He'll freak. And I heard he has a girlfriend named Luna."

"Luna's pretty nice." He leaned towards me to whisper into my ear, "I kinda like her." He scratched the skin behind his neck in embarrassment.

"What Mitch doesn't know won't hurt him."

"That's what I tell myself!" Adam shrugged and excitedly remembered something, "Ty and Jason are coming today! All of Team Crafted and their girlfriends are flying in from their colleges."

"Cool."

"So, we gonna go inside?"

"Sure."

Adam opened the door for me. I smiled but put my hand on the door before he could walk inside.

"Ladies first," I joked.

"Very funny." I laughed at this remark. Hearing footsteps from behind me, I accidentally closed the door on Adam's foot.

"OW!!" He screamed.

"Oh great. Sorry."

"A bit clumsy huh?" another familiar voice asked. I spotted a girl around my age with long, mid-back length platinum blonde hair with brown streaks in it. She also had bright blue eyes, and tan skin. The girl wore a purple T-shirt and blue jeans. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands.

"Carter? Carter Thomas?"

"Oh my god. How? I went to your funeral…"

"That's what I said!" Adam interrupted.

"In a different way," I reminded him.

"Rachael, after prom I never thought I would see you again."

"How are you and Jerome? Any better?"

"Yeah. We're engaged."

I nodded, "Congrats. Anyone else here besides you, Jerome, Mitch, and his new girlfriend?"

"You mean Luna?"

"Yep."

"Well, Matt, Jason, Ty, and Jordan should be on their way. I have no idea about the others…" Carter turned to Adam, "Are they?"

Adam shrugged and called out, "JAAAYYYRROOOMMEEE! FLUFFY! MITCH!"

Jerome rushed into the room and fist bumped Adam. I chuckled, causing Jerome to glance over and see me. He became dead silent.

"Hi." I waved my right hand in front of his face, "You there? Bacca?"

"Jerome! Is Adam here?" Mitch nonchalantly walked into the room, hand in hand with a girl about my age with long black hair, bright blue eyes, tan skin, and wore a white "XL" sweatshirt, blue jeans, and sneakers. In his other hand, he held a beer bottle. As soon as he laid eyes on me, the bottle shattered into pieces on the floor.

"Ray?"

"Hi. I'm back."