Catch the Betty with My Homegirls

Ray POV

I went through several months of drug therapy, but this time not with Dr. Neil. It was with someone who knew how to deal with their patients. After my therapy sessions finally ended, I had officially quit the drug and continued with my life. Carter and I spent some more bonding time looking for the perfect dress, for the both of us, and decorations for the party.

A few days before Carter's ceremony, I helped her try on dresses in a bridal shop. She had looked for so long but yet hadn't found the one.

She pulled on a white tutu-like ball gown with glitter sprinkled on the bottom half. Carter liked it, which I agreed with as well. It suited her. But then, she found another white dress, this time thinner. It still had the glitter, but it wasn't as poofy. While she put on the second dress in the fitting room, I stood outside waiting for her.

I noticed someone familiar walk in. She glanced over at me, immediately looked away, and continued with her business. Her long black hair covered her white XL sweatshirt. Although I attempted to ignore her as well, I couldn't help but start a conversation.

"Luna," I started, walking over to her, "What are you doing here? What's the occasion?"

"Jerome invited me to his wedding. So, whether you like it or not, I'll be there."

"I honestly don't care. It may be jealousy to you, but its seems ignorant to me."

"Are you saying I'm ignorant?"

"No… this whole situation is ignorant. We should just get over the fact that Mitch didn't forget about me."

"What about me, huh? I had to deal with him for a year and a half! A year and a half!"Luna begun sobbing into her sweatshirt, making it soak through with tears.

"I'm sorry. You told me that it wasn't my fault though. Why are you still upset?"

"I don't know. I've been getting so irritated these last fews months. You know, I have a new boyfriend, Bobby, and he expects a lot. I can't give him a lot. That's not me."

"I understand. Maybe we can get together later and talk about this."

"Okay. That works."

"Can you forgive for the things I've done wrong to you?"

Luna nodded, smiled, and shook my open hand. This was when Carter walked out of the dressing room in her dress.

"Oh... Luna. Hi," Carter said and then turned to me, "This is the dress. This is it. I'm gonna buy it."

"It looks great on you," Luna told her.

"Thanks. Are you coming to the wedding?"

"Yeah. Jerome invited me."

"I don't blame him. You can get a bit annoying sometimes," she held up her thumb and index finger to symbolize the tiny amount, "But you're still my friend, and friends don't leave friends behind. Right Ray?"

"She's right," I replied.

"Can you forgive me?" Luna asked.

"Yep. You've been forgiven."

"Whew. Thank goodness we got this all settled out," Carter mentioned, wiping imaginary sweat off of her face, "Let's get this party on the road!"

Carter bought the dress, and she, Luna, and I decided to go out to get coffee. I located a Starbucks near Jerome's so we chatted for a few hours. Those were hours I could never get back if I tried.

Luna got a call from Bobby, so she had to answer it, "Hi baby…. Yeah, I'll be back in a few… No, I'm just out with friend… girl friends… nope no guys… just me, Carter, and Ray… yes, Ray from the restaurant… we're friends now… come on… I gotta go… bye… love you too… bye…" Once she hung up, she groaned.