Flashbacks

Ray POV

July 1, 2002

"Mommy, when can we move to Los Anheles?" I asked. As a naive eight year old, my mind was filled with dreams of moving to Los Angeles one day and becoming famous.

"Your father still has his job here, sweetie," My beautiful mother replied. Sam, my younger brother, raced inside my room, holding a stuffed lava creeper.

"Look what I have!" Sam exclaimed, holding the stuffed creeper in front of her face. She smiled and took a closer look.

"What is it?" My mother questioned, still holding onto the creeper.

"It's a wava cweepur! I got it fwum skool!"

"What's a lava creeper?"

"It's fwum Minecwaft."

"Minecraft?"

"Yeah!" I yelled, jumping on my bed, "It's a really fun game! Can I please buy it?! Please?!"

"Sure, darling. Just don't spend too much money."

"Okay!" I pulled out my large laptop from under my pillow and logged on. I eventually pressed a few buttons, taking me to the Minecraft website. My mouse found its way to the page I needed and clicked on the buy button.

After a few minutes of downloading, I opened the Minecraft application and begun playing as soon as I logged on. I started on my first single player server, which was creative mode. I created houses and tended to crops and animals. Soon enough, I begun a survival server. I mastered that as well.

A few months passed, and by then, I was addicted to the game. I had always dreamed of meeting the creators and telling them what I wanted to put inside the game, but I never got the chance. At least not when I was younger.

A few years later, multiplayer servers came out. I joined one built by a Youtuber, and begun watching his videos. Those led me to SkyDoesMinecraft, and eventually to TheBajanCanadian, who I never would think could become my one and only true love.

February 12, 2008

"Ray-kid! Come out, come out, silly Endergirl!!" My quirky best friend Fia called out in her unique voice that sounded like a chorus of bells. "I have something for you!!" 

I darted around the corner at high speed, and as usual, she stopped my by putting her hand to my shoulder. "Oh my Notch, Ray-kid! What's the matter?" 

"Your face," I groaned.

"No, it's your face." 

I burst, irritated, "NO, IT'S SERIOUSLY YOUR... Since when were your shades off? I thought you said you'd never take them off, Fifia!" I paused, "Never mind that, I just need to catch up on school work." I tightened my grip on my stack of books that I held, and attempted to run. Fia still had her hand on my shoulder.

"Not so fast, Rachael." She said in a sweet, yet also more grown-up tone. I became surprised at the fact that she had just called my by my full name, but more so by the color of her eyes. "Your stars will still be within reach in a few minutes. It can wait. This can't. Christmas break, you know? I don't have a phone.."

"Still... I gotta impress some people. I'm applying for a private school next year... and I'm just hoping I can get a scholarship. That's why." This was true, but there was an underlying reason. I wanted to make some other people proud of me too. But that would stay locked in my mind until I was ready to reveal it. The reason I did so well in school, especially middle school, was to impress my parents and my brother. May they rest lovely in peace. I wouldn't let Fia know. Not at least til I was prepared.