Discovery

Mitch POV

"New World," Adam's Coldplay Minecraft parody, came up on the stereo. Couples went out onto the dance floor. The girls put their arms around the boys' necks, and the boys placed their hands on the girls' hips. This reminded me of the dance I had to do with Ray. As if I didn't already want to dance with my bride. Bride… I liked that word… Very official.

I spotted Jason, Brooke, Jason, Crystal, Jerome, and Carter dancing off to the side. In a sleek motion, I slid over to their location and tapped on Jerome's shoulder.

"Hey biggums!" Jerome and I did our signature handshake and he patted me on the back, "Congratumalations!"

"Thanks. Have you seen Ray?"

"No… I haven't. Carter?" Jerome looked over to his wife, but all she did was shake her head.

"Well… I wonder…" A thought instantly hit me. Who else would take Ray besides for one person who hated my guts so bad he would do such a thing. Mat. I turned back to Jerome, whose attention was still on me and groaned, "It's Mat. He has Ray."

A few feet away from us, Jason, Ty, and their girlfriends heard me and immediately headed over to Jerome, Carter, and I.

Jason begun, a bit surprised, lifting his arms, "Then we have to stop him!"

"Mitch!" Ty continued, staring at me, "Do you know where they are?!"

Jason came to another realization, placing the palm of his right hand on his forehead in disbelief, "He has Adam too!"

Carter nervously glanced around, looking for another person, "Fia's gone! You know… Ray's friend…"

Brooke nodded, "Oh yeah…"

Jerome spoke up, "Not to mention Preston. He's missing too."

"Dang it!" I whispered, slightly calling out, not letting the other guests hear me, "There's more people gone than I expected."

"Not to mention your wife."

Ty sighed, "I'll drive." He took Crystal by the hand and paced outside towards his car. Jason and Brooke followed, Carter quickly behind them. I acknowledged Jerome, who sarcastically smirked at my shocked expression. Rolling my eyes, I was led by my bacca buddy to Ty's car.

Ray POV

Mat made me sit in the passenger seat of his car as we drove to his secret base. I looked out the window at the church leaving my sight. Mat glanced over at me every once in a while, attempting to say something, but no daring to. Finally, it came to a time ten minute later.

"Rachael," Mat asked, "Why are you in love with Mitch?"

I glared at him as if he were crazy, which he was, "What do you think?" I rolled my eyes and returned to my position at the window side.

"I mean… was there anything he did to help you fall for him?"

I sighed, "He was being himself. There was no one he hid from, he liked everyone as a friend… Mat… on my 18th birthday he gave me this necklace…" My hand grabbed the small silver stone around my neck, "Before the incident…"

"What incident?"

I glanced over at Mat, "Did you not know? About me two years ago?"

"I thought you were at college."

"No. I wish I was."

"Then what happened?"

"I passed away from a disease. You have a right to know. I mean… you were friends with Mitch and Jerome…"

Mat pulled over to the side of the street and stared at me, "Why did you tell me this?"

"I don't know."

"I… I… don't know what to say. How are you here?"

"Long story," I groaned.

"I have time." At this moment, Mat seemed interested in what I had to say.

"You know what," I told him, changing my position to face the driver, "I'll tell you as long as you let go of my brother and whoever else you have."

"Deal," He smiled and sighed, slightly shaking his head, "I miss those days in Phoenix. Killing you would have been wrong. Killing Mitch would have been wrong."

I smirked, "Are you better now?"

Mat nodded and chuckled, "I was totally being a jag."

"Nooch the douche."

Mat punched me on the arm, causing me to laugh, "That was funny?"

"Yeah." I shook my head, "Can we head over to your hideout? And if you wanna… you can come to the party."

"Nah. After everything I've done, I don't think they'll accept me back in."

"We were pretty quick with Caleb. He did much worse."

"Really?"

I nodded, "Really really."

"Okay. Thanks Rachael."

"Call me Ray, please," I told him, smiling.

Mat nodded, "Ray. Let's get your friends back to that party."

Mat took the steering wheel and begun driving at the full speed limit, determined on regaining his old friends' trusts.