Acceptance

Ray POV

Another song begun playing on the stereo. This time Fia was singing, so I got to relax a bit.

"Maybe I'm wrong, you decide

Should've been strong, yeah I lied

Nobody gets me like...you"

I heard a buzzing on the table next to me, eventually reaching out my right hand. I let it search for the object until I took hold of my cell phone. Glancing down at the screen, I noticed an unfamiliar number, but I decided to answer it anyways, sliding my finger over the screen to pick up the call.

"Couldn't keep hold of you then

How could I know what you meant?

There was nothing to compare to"

"Hello?" I questioned, slightly nervous.

"Rachael Anderson?" a familiar voice asked.

"Who is this?"

"Charles Clarkson."

"Wait… Clarkson?"

There's a mountain between us

But there's one thing I'm sure of

That I know how I feel about you"

The man's voice chuckled on the other side of the line, "Yes, Clarkson. From the performing arts department of UCLA."

"UCLA?!" I widened my eyes in shock, almost jumping up from my chair. Realizing I screamed, I cautiously glared around me, surprised that no one noticed, "How…? I thought your last name was Carson."

"I suppose you heard it incorrectly. My name is Charles Clarkson. My niece told me about your talent. I remember talking to you a few years ago."

"Can we bring yesterday back around?

Cause I know how I feel about you now

I was dumb, I was wrong, I let you down

But I know how I feel about you now"

"Who's your niece… May I ask?"

"Her name is Lilly. She said you visited her when my father passed."

"Oh… I'm sorry for your loss. And yes, my brother and I traveled to Seattle. I had this incident… but that's solved now."

"All that it takes, one more chance

Don't let our next kiss be our last

I'm out of my mind, just to show you

I know everything changes

I don't care where it takes us

Cause I know how I feel about you"

"That's good to hear. I saw a video of your Hunger Games? Did I say that correctly?"

"Yes, you did."

"Lilly showed me one where you sang. It's very good in fact. I would just like to invite you to attend a program in Los Angeles for those in the theater business. Will you be okay with this?"

"Yes! Yes! I won't let you down this time, Mr. Clarkson! I swear!"

Can we bring yesterday back around?

Cause I know how I feel about you now

I was dumb, I was wrong, I let you down