Introductions to Lilly

Ray POV

By two in the afternoon, Preston and I reached Seattle with ease. A few fans were waiting by the office of Lilly's grandfather, standing around. Preston pulled up to the office and we jumped out. The fans begun to crowd us.

"I heard that you were in town!" I heard one of them cry, "Preston!"

"Preston!" They all yelled and shouted.

"Ignore them," I whispered in my brother's ear.

"But sis, I LOVE my fans!" he replied, his arms in a embrace motion. Preston smirked.

"No…" I knew what he was doing, but I didn't dare to say anything more.

"He he… I LOVE my fans so much… that I'm gonna give one of them a giant hug!"

"Preston!" My younger brother ran up and gave me one of the biggest hugs I had ever gotten, "Dude… get off. This is more awkward than that one time you walked on me while I was in the shower."

"I said I was sorry for that. But I'm not letting go until you say I'm the BEST Youtuber ever!"

"Never!" I growled, a smile on my face, "My fiancé is the one and only BajanCanadian!"

"Yeah… that's right… but I'm your brother."

"So?"

"Are you two busy or can I interrupt for a second?" an unfamiliar girl's voice asked. We spun around, Preston's arms still around my waist. A young teen girl stood at the doorway of a the building of our destination. She had medium-length blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and wore midnight black jeans, a royal purple short sleeved T-shirt, and light brown converse.

"Uh… sorry," I told the girl, and disgustedly picked Preston's hands off my body with my thumb and index finger. I glared at my brother for a moment before running up to shake hands with the girl, "You must be Lilly."

She smiled and wiped her hands on her jeans. "Yeah, you're Ray. And that's Preston. I've been expecting you all day. It's great to finally meet you guys," Lilly replied.

"No problem. So… about that grandfather of yours…"

"Oh!" Lilly motioned for Preston and I to follow her inside. Their rooms were set up as simple offices and a waiting area the size of about four office spaces. The hard cotton sofas had dark turquoise backgrounds with little red flower prints on them. Lilly opened the door for an office larger than the rest. It felt comfortable, as if someone in high power had their job in that room. The room was empty besides for the items it contained.

"This is…" She stopped when she noticed something odd, "Where's my granddad?"

"Is he normally here?" Preston questioned.

"Yeah. Hold on a sec. I'll be right back." Lilly cracked a smile and ran into another room.

"Do you trust her?" my brother asked me.

"Of course," I responded, "I trust the others back home and they're much more suspicious than she is."

"Don't you think Caleb could track us down?"

"If he does, I'll beat him down myself."

Lilly returned, only this time small tears forming in her eyes, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I can help you anymore."

"What's wrong?" I queried, sympathetically placing my hand on her shoulder.

"My granddad died."

"What?" Preston grumbled through his teeth.

"I just heard he had a heart attack while at his home. He never came to work today because of it. I didn't even get to say goodbye." Lilly fell into my shoulder in a cry. After a few moments, she lifted her head and glanced at my tear-stained shirt, "Sorry."

"Really, Lilly, it's okay," I smiled and hugged her.

"Do you wanna come to the funeral? I think you should be invited."

"It's fine. We don't need to go. It's your family, and we just met you."

"But I was going to help! I wanted you to be happy with Mitch!"

"And I will. I promise."

"Are you sure?"

"I told you. I promise. Bye."

Lilly faked a smile and hugged me one more time before running off.

"Poor girl," I whispered.

"Let's go," Preston nonchalantly said, starting to leave the building.

"Preston… wait… we should go to the funeral."

"No!"

"Why?"

"Cause… I know this guy…"

"Who? Lilly's grandfather?"

"Yup." He held a small picture of an old man smiling next to a younger Lilly, "He was a professor at the college I went to."

"What'd he teach? And when?"

"A year ago. He taught economics."

Surprisingly, I didn't expect his answer. "You were in an economics class?"

"No. But my buddy was."

"And who was this buddy?"

"We called him Juice. See, he was in the class… and…" Preston stopped to think about what to say, "Juice mentioned me. Professor Clarkson wanted to see how well I produced videos… so he came to my dorm room one day with Juice… it was really awkward…"

"And?"

"He kinda stalked me."

"Huh?" 

"After he found out I was TBNRFrags, I overheard him talk to Juice about a relative that was a fan of Youtubers. I suppose that was Lilly… but… back to the point… walking back to the dorms from school one day… I ran into Professor Clarkson… He asked me about my past… and when I didn't respond… I noticed you."

"What?!"

"There was a girl next to him. I swore that it was you. But it didn't seem normal. It was like… a ghost."

I gasped and put my hands on my mouth in shock, "How the hell did he do that?"

"Did something happen when I wasn't there?"

"Preston… you don't even know… You don't happen to know what CAD is, right?"

"No… should I?"

"Don't… please… for my sake."

"Fine, I won't. We should head home. Mitch and Jerome probably are wondering where you are."

I lightened my spirits and smiled, "They know I'm here."

"Should we go to the funeral?"

"If you wanna."

"No… I don't."

"Then it's okay. We can go. We said goodbye to Lilly anyways."

Preston nodded and headed outside. I followed him. He jumped into the driver's seat of the car and I sat in the passenger's.

"If you want me to drive, just let me know," I told him.

"Ray, don't be so overprotective all of the sudden. It's not like you're going anywhere anytime soon."

At this, I thought about if I did end up with Caleb. I would lose Carter… Jerome… Preston… Mitch… I would lose everything. My life would be a nightmare.