Pear-ific!

Ray POV

Jerome decided to host a party. But this party didn't have the cheesy balloons. It didn't have any over-the-top presentations. Not like my other going away party. This party was simple… precise… which was unexpected from any of my friends, nonetheless Jerome. He may have gotten Jason to help him with those… I honestly have no idea.

Preston was at my side. We had stuck together for the past few days, wondering about our new lives in Los Angeles. I, in fact, had always dreamed of moving there, even when I was a small girl, reading books under my sweet pink covers of the bed in my old house in Phoenix. The desert heat always left beads of sweat on my forehead, but somehow my mind was able to ignore all possible threats. My thoughts were always in daydreams. And Preston knew that. He was with me all of the time until the accident.

I shook those memories out of my head. Los Angeles would be my new life. I could forget all of the hardships I faced in Washington and escape to the place all my dreams could come true.

"Ray!" I heard Adam call out. I shook my head once again and returned to reality. Adam leapt into a hug, a beaming Fia at his side, "Congratulations! Los Angeles. Wow! And we all get to go too!"

"Hey," Fia said. I acknowledged her with a wink. My friend chuckled, "I need to tell you something."

"Okay," I replied. Shrugging, I felt Fia tug me on the sleeve of my tight long-sleeved white cotton shirt. I glanced back at Preston, who chuckled himself. Rolling my eyes, I finally turned to Fia.

"So…" I continued, "What'd you wanna tell me?"

"My cousin is in town. She's from LA."

"You have a cousin from Los Angeles and you never told me?" I questioned, annoyed. Fia could tell I was a bit upset.

"Uh… yeah… I did… sorry 'bout that, pineapple."

"It's okay. I'm pear-ific!"

Fia burst out laughing, placing her head against the wall to keep herself from crying. I stood off to the side, not moving an inch. She noticed my blank expression, soon maintaining her laughter and calming down, "I like that joke…"

"Orange ya glad that I didn't call you a pineapple?" I asked again, this time a grin appearing on my devilish face. This time Fia's laugh ranged around the three feet of people. I recognized Dakota, Cloude, Ian, and Zee glance over at us, mostly Fia though. No matter how many people, Fia would keep laughing. Eventually, I had to calm her down myself by slowly patting her shoulder.

"That funny?" I asked with a smirk.

Fia nodded, speechless, "Fruit puns. That's grape!"

I realized what she did and quickly stopped my friend from bursting out laughing again, "No! Not again!"

"Okay, okay." Fia deeply inhaled and sighed. She leaned her back up against the wall.

I decided to jump off the subject of fruit in case Fia came up with another one on the top of her head, "Who's your cousin?"

"Her name's Kohta. She's okay… I guess… I don't talk to her often but…" Fia shrugged, almost forgetting the fruit puns.

"But?"

"I don't know! Just don't know her that well!"

"Chill dude." I chuckled. She nodded, a grin on her face.

Mitch cleared his throat before making a small speech, "First of all, I want to congratulate my beautiful wife Ray for getting accepted into UCLA. Second, I have a proposition. Whoever wants to live in LA with us can, as long as they pay for the part of the house. We're planning on buying something nice that we all can live in it peacefully." Mitch exaggerated on the word peacefully, glaring over at Adam and Jason, who glanced at Mitch before looking to each other.

"Benj and Bac! Living in the same house!" Jerome called out, holding up his beverage.

"Cheers to that!" Ty exclaimed, holding his cup up as well. A strange laugh bounced off the walls of the room. I guessed the laugh to come from Fia, but she was silent and attempting to find the owner of the laugh. Adam only laughed along.

"Didn't you remember I invited Bodil?" he questioned, giggling. Everyone nodded and returned to Mitch.

Mitch shook his head and grinned, "We have a special announcement from Ty! Buddy, why don't you come on up?!"

Everyone applauded as Ty ran up on stage and held onto the microphone, "Hey guys… um… this is a bit weird… cause it's a party for Ray…"

"Don't worry about it!" I unexpectedly yelled.

"Sure thing!" Ty replied and looked to the audience, "As I was saying… this is bit weird… but since we're celebrating… and I've been waiting for this for a while now…" Ty sighed and glanced down for a second, before grabbing an object out of his back pocket. He got down on his right knee.

"Crystal," Ty continued. Crystal, in front of Ty, knew what would happen and gasped. "Will you marry me?"

Crystal jumped up and into Ty's arms, kissing him, "Yes! Of course I will!"

Fia and I awed, and the other hollered and cheered for our friend.

"Maybe you'll get married in LA!" Quentin called out.

"Maybe!" Ty responded, his eyes locked on Crystal. I was just happy he found the love of his life, and so did I. Ty's love in that moment reminded me of the time in high school.

Furious, I took tissues out of my backpack and kneeled down to help Ty.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. 

"Why are you helping me?" Now I remembered the look on his face. It was both of pain and love. I was so obsessed with my anger for Caleb that I never bothered to see that Ty was in love with me. He only showed it in a way that made me dislike him.

"What he did was wrong. You didn't deserve to be treated that way."

"Thanks." Ty smiled and attempted to grab my hand, but I didn't notice. My hand had reached for the backpack at my side.

I smiled and grasped more tissues. I gave these to Adam and Jason. The boys took them with gratitude.

"You're the only one who helped us. I don't see anyone else around," Jason mentioned.

"That's because I'm the only one who cares about moral value."