Off With the Wedding!

Ray POV

It was a nice bright, sunny day at the park. The grass, trimly cut, laid at our feet. I wore open-toed sandals with tiny jewels on it, so my toes stuck out. They touched the grass every so often, causing me to giggle. Carter and I decided to get together to hang out, after we apologized to each other about the talent show. We were sorting through wedding catalogs when she pointed a small bouquet of pretty pink flowers.

"I want that one," she told me. I grinned, expecting what would happen next. Carter found another bouquet of flowers, this time purple. "Oh! Those are perfect! What do you think?"

"I don't care. I'm not really a flowers girl." I replied, shrugging.

"Come on, you gotta. What about the yellow ones?" she questioned, "They would look good with the theme."

"We haven't even chosen a theme."

"Yeah. That's right…" Carter gritted her teeth, "We have to choose a theme… what about… Night Under the Stars?"

"Too cheesy."

"Fairy Tale?"

"Too lame."

"What about a Hunger Games theme, like Jerome and I are doing?"

"Nah, that's your thing. I won't mess with it."

"Maybe you should just cancel the wedding," a familiar voice smirked. Carter and I spun in our chairs to find Allison and Johnny, arm in arm, heading to our location.

"Why do you always have to rain on everyone's parade?" Carter questioned.

"Cause I'm the greatest star!" Allison applauded herself, swiping up her arms in a dramatic position.

"You do know those are references to two songs on Glee?" I mentioned, staring at the bickering girls.

"Yes, I know. As I was saying, if you can't figure out a theme… maybe you should cancel the wedding."

"I'm not that stupid."

Johnny interrupted what Allison was going to yell, "You'll obey us when you know what we know."

"What?"

"We know your secret, well, at least I do."

I remembered that Johnny's last name was Weaver.

"Dammit," I muttered to myself.

"So… Ray… call off the wedding… or else we'll tell everyone your secret." Allison snickered.

"You wouldn't dare…" I growled, my eyes glued to the devious couple.

"Oh, yes we would. Ciao!" Allison waved and strut off, Johnny eyeing me as he left.

"What was that about?" Carter asked, glaring at me.

"Nothing."

"How was that NOTHING?!"

I ignored it.

"Ray! Don't ignore me!"

"Fine. You want an answer? I'll tell you everything so you can get off my freaking back."

After a half an hour of long explaining my family's death, Carter understood my situation, "That's tough. I had no idea."

"Only you and Mitch know."

"That's it? Did you not tell Jerome?"

"No. Too afraid."

"Of what?"

"Something bad. Johnny is out for blood. He wants revenge for his dad's death and is targeting me."

"So he joined forces with Allison to ruin your life. I get it."

I rolled my eyes, "I can't let anyone else know. I have to… cancel the wedding."

"No! No! You can't! Mitch is your soulmate! You can't!"

I sighed, "I have to."

Carter glanced down at her feet as I closed the catalog.

Mitch POV

Ray stormed inside, placing her bag on the entryway table, and rushing upstairs to our room. I slowly followed her and found the door locked.

"Ray?" I queried, "Is everything alright?"

"Yes! I'm fine!" she yelled from inside the room. I could tell that her voice was muffled by a pillow.

"Can I come in?"

"No!"

"Do you wanna talk…?"

"No!"

My phone suddenly rang, slightly freaking me out. I put it up to my ear, "Jerome?"

"Hey. Carter just told me that Ray cancelled the wedding. Is that true?"

I paused and knocked on the bedroom door, "Ray! Ray!"

She ran up to the door and unlocked it, facing me. "What?!"

"You cancelled the wedding?"

"Yeah." She looked down and tried to escape my view.

"Why?"

"It's personal."

She then slammed the door on my face as I was about to say something. I returned to Jerome on the phone, "Hey, I think I just got dumped, again."

"I know what you need. But you won't like it."

"What?"

"Therapy."

"Really?"

When Jerome paused, I knew he was serious. Although I did not like his idea, I knew it was the best way for Ray and I to make sure our bonds weren't severed.