Don't You Want Me? Part 2

Ray POV

Music filled my ears as I downed another cup of beer. Mitch sat to my right, his arm around my shoulder, his left hand holding a red solo cup, and Jerome, laughing his head off to my left, I giggled as Adam almost ran into a wall.

"Adam," I cried out, "Wanna play more Minecraft?!"

"Nah!" he yelled back, "Where's Ty? And Crystal?"

Jerome responded this time, "They're in the back room. Along with Quentin, Sapphire, Brooke, Jason, Dakota, Cloude, Ian, and Zee. Everyone's in there!"

I thought of a brilliant idea and stood up, seconds from falling back onto the couch. Mitch pushed me up again, "I've got a plan! We need to distract them!"

"How?" Mitch asked. He was the only one sober enough to ask a question like that.

"Adam, how do you feel about being my duet partner?! Huh?!"

Adam perked up and rushed to my side, getting on his right knee, "Yes."

"Okay! Mitch, Jerome, bring the others!" I drowsily commanded the boys, "We've got a show to do!"

After a minute of attempting to get to the back room by stepping over cups and used plates, Adam and I finally reached the couples. Jason, Brooke, Mitch, Jordan, Lexi, Jerome, Carter, Jimmy, Kae, Dakota, Cloude, Ian, Zee, Megan, Ashley, Quentin, Sapphire, Poppy, Caleb, and Preston looked to where Adam grabbed a beer bottle and I took a hair brush. We stood in front of the others. I glanced over at Jerome to start the music. I shook my shoulders to the music.

Adam begun clapping his hands, although there was a bottle in one of them.

You were workin' as a waitress in a cocktail bar
When I met you

Adam motioned for me to come closer to him.
I picked you out, I shook you up and turned you around

Adam spun me around using his hand not holding the bottle.
Turned you into someone new

He put out his palm towards our audience to show five.

Now five years later on, you've got the world at your feet
Success has been so easy for you
But don't forget, it's me who put you where you are now
And I can put you back down too

Adam motioned towards the ground with his index finger.

Don't, don't you want me?
You know I can't believe it
When I hear that you won't see me

Don't, don't you want me?
You know I don't believe it
When you say that you don't need me

Adam and I sang together this time. He glanced directly into my eyes.

It's much too late to find
You think you've changed your mind
You'd better change it back or we will both be sorry

I gripped the hairbrush with two hands.

Don't you want me, baby?

We started jumping all over the place, banging our heads. The others nodded their heads in correspondence to the beat.
Don't you want me, oh?
Don't you want me, baby?
Don't you want me, oh?

I started to walk circles around Adam as I sang.

I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
That much is true
But even then I knew I'd find a much better place

I pointed to Adam with a small devilish smirk on my face and pulled him towards me using an invisible string.
Either with or without you

The five years we have had have been such good times

Adam pulled me towards him, placed his bottle on a nearby table, and put his hands around my waist.
I still love you

I pressed the palm of my heart onto my chest.
But now I think it's time I live my life on my own

I flicked my hand away from him and nonchalantly walked away from him.
I guess it's just what I must do

Adam started the line, with me repeating it.

Don't, don't you want me?
You know I can't believe it
When I hear that you won't see me

Again, Adam started the line, with me repeating it.

Don't, don't you want me?
You know I don't believe it
When you say that you don't need me

Adam and I slid closer to each other by each beat. 

It's much too late to find
You think you've changed your mind
You'd better change it back or we will both be sorry

Adam and I split apart, running to opposite sides of the room. The instrumental part arrived and I motioned with my finger for Carter to come up and jump with us. She smiled and ran to the "stage."

Don't you want me, baby?
Don't you want me, oh?
Don't you want me, baby?
Don't you want me, oh?

All of the other girls came and joined us in our song, loudly singing along.

Don't you want me, baby?
Don't you want me, oh?
Don't you want me, baby?

Adam and I took turns singing out Baby!
Don't you want me, oh?

Don't you want me, baby?

As the last note rang out, Adam leaned in and pressed his warm lips against mine. I was so out of it that I never realized it was Adam. I felt my hand go up into the air in a fist as I grinned, "Long live Team Crafted!"

Adam chuckled and held me closer to him. From the couches at the back of the room, I could feel death glares at me and Adam, but again, I was so out of it that I didn't noticed them. Afterwards, I figured out Mitch was the one with the stares. I couldn't blame him.

Mitch POV

After the song, Adam and Ray exited the room, almost everyone else following them. I lagged behind, holding my red cup.

I stopped in my tracks, looked down at the cup, shivered, and threw it down onto the ground, letting the liquid spill out onto the floor.

Realizing that Ray was drunk, I couldn't blame her. Adam was handsome… me on the other hand… he cared for her a lot… And I was jealous of him for that. The worst part was that he didn't have a current girlfriend. Adam could have taken Ray. He could have take her any time he wanted. But, being the friend he is, let me keep her.

Luckily, none of the other guys were interested in Ray besides myself and possibly Adam. Ty and Jerome had crushes on her during high school, but those faded once they met their lovers. Caleb liked Ray too, but in a different way. Fortunately for me, he found Jade and they got together pretty quickly. I had to thank Jade when I saw her. She saved Ray's life. Practically.

"Biggums," Jerome ran up to me with a grin on his face. He glanced down to see the cup on the floor and then glared back up at me, a worried expression this time, "Is anything wrong?"

"Nah gee. I'm fine." I replied with a small smile. My bacca buddy smiled back and motioned his head to follow him into the main living room.

Once I entered, Ray saw me, ran at me, and jumped into my arms. She gave me a passionate kiss.

"No worries Mitch," I thought to myself, "She's all yours."