Reunited

Mitch POV

Ty sped down the highway as I stuffed in the far left seat in the last row of of his three row minivan. Jerome sat in the middle, and Carter to his right. Jason and Brooke were in the second row. Crystal settled in the passenger seat next to her boyfriend.

"How long is it gonna take?" I questioned, tired. Jerome yawned.

"I have no idea!" Ty yelled from the driver's spot. 

Jason covered his ears, "Ty! Why do you gotta be so damn loud?!"

"Cause he can't hear me," Ty replied in a normal tone.

"Uh… yeah I can," I drowsily responded, slightly rolling my eyes.

Crystal perked up, "Don't hate on my baby! He has hearing issues!"

Jerome interrupted, "Ha! You wish Crys!"

"Only I call her Crys!" Ty burst. 

He begun to glance back at Jerome, but Jason widened his eyes in fear and instantly stopped his friend, "Keep your eyes on the road!"

Ty panicked but maintained a tight grip on the steering wheel, "Sorry."

"Just don't yell at me next time and we could've skipped this whole thing," I told him. Ty spied me through his driver's on the windshield mirror and nodded.

Carter ended the awkward silence, "When we find Ray, the rest of the party's gonna be awesome!"

No one replied. Only silence. Carter sighed. "Well then. If none of you want to talk…"

Ty groaned and glared back at Carter, "Not really in the mood…"

"Ty!" Jason screamed, "Car!"

"What?!" Ty immediately looked back on the road to find a car zooming down the road. Ty's was on the other side of where they should've been!

Everyone else figured out what was happening and all screamed at the same time. At the last second, Ty spun around the wheel, avoiding a major crash. The other car stopped as well and their passengers jumped out, racing over to ours.

I noticed a boy with brown hair and big brown eyes followed by a girl who looked a lot like him. Preston and Ray! The love of my life and her brother!

"Get out! Get out!" I yelled, "It's Ray and Preston!"

Jason glanced out the window too, "Adam and… Mat?"

"What the heck is Mat doing here?" Brooke asked. I shrugged.

I leaping out of the car. Ray saw me, smiled, and ran into my arms. I gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Where have you been?" I questioned.

"Oh… nowhere." Ray smirked, glancing back at Mat, who chuckled and shook his head.

"Were you with… him?" Confused, I peered over my wife's shoulder to find Mat in complete shock. He slowly backed up and chatted with Preston, occasionally nervously glaring over at me.

"Yeah…" Ray replied, "But he's good now. We were friends in middle school, and Mat remembered that. Ashley is the one we have to look out for now. She tried to shoot me."

My attention was so focused on Mat that I only realized what Ray said a few moments after she stopped talking.

"Wait! Ashley tried to shoot you?!" I held tight onto her thin arms.

"Yeah… but Adam persuaded her… the only thing that got hurt were my hands." Ray held out the palms of her hands to show deep red and black scratches. They looked like they hurt.